Mar 20, 2011
Hi..
i was planning to build my 1st pc
This is what i have choosen so far

Processor - AMD AM3 ATHLON II X3 445 3.1 GHZ

GPU - HD5770 1GB DDR5/128BIT

PSU - HEC RAPTOR POWER 500W

RAM - 4GB DDR3 PC10600/1333

I haven't chosen a motherboard so i was hoping you guys can help me out. And i also want to ask if this rig is good enough for playing GTA4...

Thanks in advance

I use a biostar A880G+ micro atx. It comes with 2 ram slots and hdmi port. I have the ram set at 1600 and use the p-states setting for underclocking my sempron. It will also overclock your cpu if you desire and unlock cores, though the success rate varies. I suggest with the money saved you get a better power supply. The HEC won't cut it in the long run. I like antec or ocz. IF you need more slots, a full atx version of the 880 is available.

heycoa

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
The ASROCK 880GM-LE is probably good enough as an average motherboard. Im thinking youre putting too much thought into your motherboard and not enough into your graphics card. The most important thing about MOBOs is that they are upgradeable in the future. The ASROCK 880GM-LE only has 2 memory slots, i would suggest 4, for future upgrades. also i would recommend a board with 2 PCI-E x16 slots for future SLI/CROSSFIRE upgrades, and trust me, with the 5770 youll need crossfire to play new games on decent settings. I have has the 5770 and did not like it much but it played crysis for me on max settings but NO antialiasing.