Weird problems..

Hi all,

I just built a new system, my first build.. Had it up and running for almost a week now. I was having problems before and I posted abut them. I couldn't find my previous thread to let everyone know i got it up and running fine after.

Anyway, all was perfect accept last night... my Firefox froze up (Not responding)...then my whole computer froze. So i restarted using the reset button on my tower. When I restarted:

--> i got a BSOD saying "A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated"

--> Restarted again, desktop began to load (Very slowly) and I got this error: "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working"

--> Computer restarted and I got another BSOD, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

--> This time..instead of hitting the reset switch. I held my finger in on the power button for 5 or 10 seconds and let the computer shut all the way down. Waited a minute, then restarted.

Been working fine ever since and its been on since last night. So perhaps it was just an isolated incident (I hope). But BEFORE all this, first when I got it up and running..I went to restart and got a BSOD and it said something about "Memory_Management"

How do I ensure that my RAM and processor and the rest of system settings are set so that I can all I can out of this PC? I'm not looking to OC just yet, but I did notice some RAM settings and what not that I could change.

My specs: Raidmax Quantum case with 5 extra fans, Gigabyte mobo - H57M-USB3, 4 GB (2x2GB) G.Skill NQ Series RAM DDR3 1600MHz (12800), Intel Core i5 750 CPU 2.66 GHz, 500GB SATA Seagate Barracuda HD, HEC 780W PSU, SATA LG DVD burner and a really shitty, old 4MB video card that I stuck in just to get the system going. My actual, new video card should be here by the end of the week :) I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition.
3 answers Last reply
More about weird problems
  1. Did you check the "Even Viewer"->"System" for errors? If so what are the messages?
    If there are none, boot the PC off of a LINIX Live CD (or USB stick) and see if it's stable. You can also boot in safe mode and check for stability.

My guess is it's a driver issue which should show up in the event viewer.
  2. There are no 'errors' in there..just 'Information' entries... about services starting and stopping, things like that.

My PC just came up with another BSOD "System_Service_Exception" I restarted and now everythings fine.

My PC is stable for the most part... I just get weird BSODs every now and again...
  3. Hi...

So I was on MSN and an online radio station streaming...and I got a BSOD again...

It was the "System_Service_Exception" error again

followed by a STOP error: 0x0000003B 0x00000000C0000005 0xFFFFF960001F5DCC

then there was something about a Win32.sys (0xFFFFF960001F5DCC

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean it has something to do with a Win32 app? Remember, I'm using Win 7 64-bit edition...but there are not 64-bit versions available of all the software I use. For example, Firefox does not have an official 64-bit version. Does this have something to do with a 32-bit app I'm using on a 64-bit system??
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems