Help fast! Corsair h70 and evga x58 sli

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
So I finally got all my computer parts together and started putting everything together. The last thing I had to do was put in thee cpu cooler, corsair h70 which I got today. But it seems the voltage regulator use in the way!

I can't mount in push and pull, I was thinking I could mount the radiator inside and the fan outside. This its just sad I had my hopes so high :(

I bought a cm storm sniper, evga x58 sli and corsair h70 anyone have any ideas or suggestions?b thanks :/

Hello Jackdaniels10;

Can you relocate the H70 radiator & fans to a top fan slot to avoid that tower cooler for the voltage regulation?

evgax58frontS.jpg

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Nope tried that just ran into my ram or would not allow me to mount the cpu. The larger radiator gives better cooling, but is giving me a headache now. The bottom and front are to far away as well, so rear its the only choice

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
I was thinking about removing the top fan, but it would either run into the cpu retention bracket, or my ram. Although I was tinkering with the thought of keeping 1 scythe slipstream on the outside of the top, it would be covered by the cover, and the adding a slim fan on the inside. Its there going to be a big issue if they have different cfm most likely?

Also by support do you mean through forums our their phone?

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah people have removed and found it its a bad idea. I'm actually thinking off getting an air cooler, since my first issue was thee height of the air coolers and my older case. But since I just bought a storm sniper, it is not a big deal anymore. The problem is I want the best off the best and I think local stores will struggle with that haha. Think a venomous x would be okay for getting an i7 to 4ghz?

JackDaniels10700

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
i actually got it to work! sorry i thought i posted my success. The H70 was hitting the Vreg where those 2 prongs stick out, or i guess it wouldn't mount properly because it would be sitting on top not allowing me to screw it in correctly.

I ended up getting a Scythe Slipstream SLIM fan for the interior of the case. IT JUST FITS, like when putting it in it slides right past the fins of the Vreg heatsink, less than 1/32 in. Theres pretty much no room for tolerance, but on the exterior i have the Scythe Slipstream that i originally bought.

The only issue i see here is that the inside is trying to push out 45cfm, and the outside is pulling 68cfm or so. I was skeptical, but ran some burn tests on my i7 930. I overclocked to 4.0ghz, and the MAX temperature never went above 81C. that is a little high compared to the other people and their results, i assume its something to do with the fans or my seating of the pump (i tried to turn clockwise to lock it in with the retention bracket but it wouldn't go, i had to loosen the screws up on the bracket then slide it in there, but it seems like its in there nice and snug right now)