Multiple versions of display driver

PC_main_reservoir

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
Hello,

My GPU is Radeon HD4850, sys is WIndows 7 Pro x64.

I have a game, which does not support any other ATI Catalyst drivers than 8.12. But, with other games, this version provides me a flashing screen (black-game-black-game) :heink:

I'm trying to find if there is a solution that will fix functioning in all of my games on Catalyst 8.12, or is there a possibility to keep two (ex. 8.12 and 10.4) versions of catalyst installed, to avoid multiple times of re-installing those packages?

Cheers

PC_main_reservoir

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
It will not. I tried 9.12 and 10.4. Bad result - crash on loading

By the way - a polish train sim, developed by railway... hmm lovers (xcuse me, I'm Polish and don't know very much of English)

Edit: I made a nice big mess with my Catalyst packages.... Now no one would install, I couldn't launch any 3D...

PC_main_reservoir

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
They said that they are developing a patch which will fix this issue, but, as in many such projects, it takes a lot of time, and I just want to play.

Have you any idea on the other games to work on 8.12?

Edit: Catalyst 10.4 is working fine, but still no idea about 8.12 and games such as Quake, Trainz, etc...

PC_main_reservoir

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
And now, this railway simulator stopped working even on Catalyst 8.12. I lost myself in that driver mess.

What can I do to completely clean all display drivers, and again install the proper one?