wireless connection-no connectivity

Mrs G

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
Hello,
I have a Toshiba Satellite pro and Windows 7. The laptop woll no longer connect to the wireless. I can connect via a cabel but not through wireless. I have a Packard Bell netbook which will no connect either.
When I check the 'available networks' by network is no longer shown. However when I run troubleshooter it says everything is working fine! it is an ADSL2+ router - any suggestions?

Your router is clearly working properly in connection terms but may not be broadcasting its SSID - the network name. Are there any networks showing at all? The third post in this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/28102-18-suppoort-setupwirless shows you how to access the setup pages of the router - have a nose around you can't harm it if you don't change anything. Look specifically for the SSID - see that it's set to broadcast - and also Access Point - make sure it's ticked. If you do change anything, scroll down the page for an Apply or Save button - without pressing that, no changes are accepted.