Logon always uses TEMP settings not user

This morning I fired up the office computer and logged on as administrator. I
got an invite to see the XP Pro tour. I was a little confused by this as I
have been using this computer for quite some time and have already visited
the tour. I then turned on the email and it asked me to set up email
accounts? I was starting to get a little upset as this business lives off of
email information and stored emails. I went into explorer and noticed that I
was using the USER directory of TEMP and not Administrator.

So how do I get back to using the correct directories for the user I am and
how did this happen so I can prevent it from happening again. Yes there was
opportunity for people to turn on this computer and screw around, but they
would not of had a correct password but administrator would have been up as
the logon name.

HELP!
1 answer Last reply
More about logon temp settings user

    It sounds as though your user profile is corrupt. Please see the following
    Knowledge Base Articles for help with this issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318011
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Michael at Thin Air" <Michael at Thin Air@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:88DABEE9-C3F6-4CF3-A8DD-5846A582E4DC@microsoft.com...
    > This morning I fired up the office computer and logged on as
    > administrator. I
    > got an invite to see the XP Pro tour. I was a little confused by this as I
    > have been using this computer for quite some time and have already visited
    > the tour. I then turned on the email and it asked me to set up email
    > accounts? I was starting to get a little upset as this business lives off
    > of
    > email information and stored emails. I went into explorer and noticed that
    > was using the USER directory of TEMP and not Administrator.
    >
    > So how do I get back to using the correct directories for the user I am
    > and
    > how did this happen so I can prevent it from happening again. Yes there
    > was
    > opportunity for people to turn on this computer and screw around, but they
    > would not of had a correct password but administrator would have been up
    > as
    > the logon name.
    >
    > HELP!

Configuration Computers Email Windows XP