Looking for new heatsink and fan for CPU

Th3Art0fRu1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I'm currently running a Phenom II X4 965 at 3.4Ghz. The stock fan is just way to loud. I idle at 41-42°C and under load I'm at anywhere from 52-58°C. Sometimes they'll jump up to 63°C. Those temps sound iffy to me...maybe a little high. But I have 2 questions...I want the new fan and heat-sink to cut down on the noise. If my temps need to be lowered than that would be an addition to fixing the noise problem.

Can anyone suggest a fan/heat-sink to suite my needs? I'm also on a budget so if there are ones out there that offer a good bang for your buck, I'd like to check them out.
Anything will do actually...

Th3Art0fRu1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I used to use Newegg, but it seems for this situation FrozenCPU is better.
Its a little over my budget but its possible. If there is any others a bit cheaper that are just as good that would work.

Anyways...that fan/heatsink looks great. I watched the videos and did some research but couldn't get a consistent review on the noise level. Maybe I'm missing something?

Edit: Actually I found some reviews and I'm seeing that it doesn't do much better than my stock heat sink. The reviews have mixed results on that fan/heat sink.

The SpinQ VT is expensive for an average cooler doesn't have a replaceable fan and disrupts case airflow.It's stylish and unique but thats about it.
The Thermalright MUX-120,and Noctua NH-U12P own it and are very quiet coolers.
It's not much better then a CM Hyper TX3 cooling wise.
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/thermaltake_spinq_vt/4.htm
Just buy a CM Hyper 212+ which offers the best performance for the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-B10-212P-G1-Universal-Heat-Pipe/dp/B002G1YPH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282445203&sr=8-1-catcorr

Th3Art0fRu1n

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
If I can get enough money to buy the Noctua NH-U12P I will. However, if something comes up ill stick with the Hyper212+, or the HyperTX3. I'm just tired of running processor intensive programs and hearing "WEEEEEEEEEE" coming from my processor fan.

Thanks for the advice.

TRENDING THREADS