Best Low profile low power video card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Well what does he intend to do with the video card and what's your budget?

If it's just multimedia and work then a 5450 should be a good choice, totally silent on load and only consumes about 20W max.

If he wants to do some gaming I think there's a few low-profile 4650's which are decent.

SevenSacredSins

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Well what does he intend to do with the video card and what's your budget?

If it's just multimedia and work then a 5450 should be a good choice, totally silent on load and only consumes about 20W max.

If he wants to do some gaming I think there's a few low-profile 4650's which are decent.

Solution
Boy, how did I guess ... another Dell or HP slimline question.

Your best option would seriously be to take everything out of that case, put it in a regular-sized case for about $30, and then get a decent power supply of like 500W+. Then you could put whatever video card you wanted in it. As it stands, you have a 275W power supply, which I wouldn't trust with anything better than a 4650 regardless.

Make sure to avoid slim cases at all costs in the future -- they usually come with a terrible PSU which limits what you can do in addition to space issues being a problem. Basically, it's like getting punched in the nuts twice in a row. They basically make slimline systems so you can't do any worthwhile upgrades; they want you to buy a whole new system instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.