Installed new video card now I have NO display

ngnear

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
Hello,Built a new computer last year using the Intel DG45ID MB with Intel 8400 processor. Works great! Bought a Radeon 4350 Graphics card to install, followed the installation instructions which said before installing new card, I needed to uninstall display drivers for onboard G45 chipset before installing new card and new drivers from CD. After uninstalling onboard drivers and installing new card, turned puter on, standard startup beep, but NO VIDEO! plugged cable back into onboard connector..NO Video. Removed new card and turned computer on without it...NO video. I am extremely frustrated because I'm not sure I did anything wrong; I followed installation instructions carefully; Monitor works fine on other computer; NO monitor works on Intel board or radeon board on VISTA computer. Any troubleshooting suggestions?? PLEASE??!!

Karl

ngnear

Distinguished
May 15, 2010

Never has overheated. Built it ~18 mos ago with BIG box with 4 fans with the intent of putting a lot of stuff in it. Currently have 2 7200 RPM SATA drives plus multifunction optical card. No cards other than MoBo.

Monitor is a 6 month old Hannspree 24" that works fine on three other computers. I bought the Radeon card for better performance and multiple monitors.

ngnear

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
Both monitors 19" and 24" work well on other computers. None of the monitors from the other computers work on the DG45ID onboard video or on the Radeon Card.

The case is a Centurion 590 (http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Centurion-Tower-Black/dp/B0015A2JSA) with front, rear and top fans plus the fans on the CPU and graphics card.

ngnear

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
With no video, I can't do any of these things!

How do I "start my computer but not in VISTA"? I've tried booting from the VISTA install disk to repair VISTA, but I have no screen...can't see where the mouse is...don't know what happens when I hit ENTER...nothing! Very frustrating. I thought that when I removed the new video card and went back to the onboard graphics the video would return, but I have a black monitor that says "No input signal, check video cable."

I've tried hitting F1, F5 or F8 repeatedly while it's booting, hoping to get to the BIOS, but still have a black screen.

Microcenter has a new Mobo for $64, so that's my next option today, I think.

there should be a jumper on the MOBO to reset the BIOS. make sure you unplug the power cable be for you reset it. The jumper is right by your battery. Just move it over to cover PIN 2 and 3 and then back to PIN 1 and 2.

To get to the BIOS it is usually DEL or F2.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Yes because the GPU totally couldnt be causing a problem just by being installed on the PC, making it so he doesnt get any video. Its totally never happened before.

ngnear

Distinguished
May 15, 2010
This has now morphed into a NEW problem! :(

Returned the video card. DG45ID documentation says it supports two monitors. (Remember...THAT was the original goal!)

Plugged one monitor into the DVI connector...works fine. :)

Unplugged that monitor and plugged the other monitor into the HDMI connector...works fine. :)

Plug BOTH monitors in...only one works! :(

Went to Control Panel > Display dapters and see only one monitor showing as an option. :eek:

OK, Maybe I need to set BIOS to recognize two monitors. Went into BIOS and somehow screwed up!...neither monitor works! :( :(

Rebooted and reset BIOS to default settings. (Yeah, that'll fix the problem.) :)

Now the machine hangs at the second Intel Logo screen and goes no further. :fou:

Tried to Repair using VISTA install disk...no luck. :pt1cable:

Guess my only option now is to install Windows 7...which is probably what I should have done in the first place! :cry:

Any ideas before I do that?? :love:

Karl

virrze

Distinguished
May 13, 2010

and your point is..?

tienle355

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Mine was video to the monitor was always there with my H81M-E33 V2 mobo but not from D-Sub as expected. Connected main monitor (trying to do a dual monitor setup) to DL-DVI-I output as figured from tested successfully with an old Acer/Vista machine (where I accessed the BIOS and set the PCI/VGA Palette Snoop to Enabled and upon restart found the secondary monitor had video on the DL-DVI-I output. Installed the drivers and enabled the second monitor enabled on the D-Sub when this should have been the main output).

I'm good now. Either the graphics card (GT610 or N610GT-MD2GD3/LP) was set incorrect as default or instructions were wrong because it stated "3. Replace the case and connect the VGA port and the monitor with the VGA cable."