P67B3 rev and Asus says I need to reformat my hd

palmerhg

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
just moved everything over from the p8p67 pro to the new Rev 3 board. My SATA 3 hd would not boot but everything else appears to work fine. Asus tech support said I needed to format my hd. Is there any way to install Win7 without re-formatting my HD? Are there any workarounds?
I've tried hot swapping another drive and ended up with bsod.
The boot screen says "no hard disk drive" just before going into BIOS. The drive shows up in the BIOS.
I've tried the p67 6gbs (what I originally had) port and the Marvell port. The drive shows up on Marvel but will not boot from it.

Solution

I never heard of such a thing. I bought oem Windows 7 to install on a friends computer that I had built previously. I have personally done a repair using the oem disk on that computer.

Now if it was because your using a different motherboard, that's a different story. You may need to call MS and get a new code. Tell them you had the P67 that was recalled.

I never heard of such a thing. I bought oem Windows 7 to install on a friends computer that I had built previously. I have personally done a repair using the oem disk on that computer.

Now if it was because your using a different motherboard, that's a different story. You may need to call MS and get a new code. Tell them you had the P67 that was recalled.

Solution

palmerhg

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2011
I was trying an 'upgrade' and it said not correct disk. There was a repair option. I was not able to repair Win7 Pro, but a Win7 and then go into windows update and bring system up to date. Thanks everyone for their help,