Where to upgrade next?

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009
hey guys! ive been looking around after doing my final major upgrades and am now stuck on where to upgrade next.
heres my build:
Asus Maximus III Formula
Core i5 750 (3.5 ghz)
XMS3 DDR3 4GB (1604 mhz)
GTX 275 (stock)
Corsair 850HX PSU
500GB HDD
Samsung monitor (1920 x 1080)
windows 7

heres whats out of the question in upgrading: cpu, mobo, cpu cooler, PSU, case.

heres what can be upgraded:
RAM to 8 GB (will this hinder my overclock?)
HDD to cheap SSD for OS atleast
GTX 275 to either GTX 480 or 5870 (when i get more money) or sli a GTX 275!

this computer is entirely for gaming and heck im a 16 year old guy so whatever else i do at my age lol.
Should i w8 for the next gen of video cards?
will 8GB of ram be overkill----> im not an enthusiast
SSD looks like the best option id like to have faster OS--> however in most games i play i load first or second.

im looking to upgrade by christmas or after i get extra xmas money. but realize thats 6months down the road =)

TheDuke

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
you're computer looks fine as is but it's your money
I would go for the SSD
8GB of ram is overkill and upgrading to a new video card isn't necessary with what you have so i would say wait until the the next ATI or Nvidia cards

SHIELDHEAD

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2009

ur opinion seems to be the same as mine. i just hope the next series of graphic cards come by next year xD

Misko195

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I agree with TheDuke.

You'r spec is good enough, don't waste money on upgrades.
Am sure, you can play every game in 1920x1080 on max, right?

When you feel that something don't go (you can't play games like you want), then think about upgrades, not now.

Eventualy you can go with SSD, but these is too expensive now. Wait to become cheaper (i hope will be soon).

But if im on you'r place, i will wait for new generation of CPU and GPU...

So keep money for now is best option dude :)

First of all, is there anything in particular that does not run as well as you'd like? Knowing what it is might help you spot a bottleneck, if there is one. Your rig looks pretty good though.
I agree with the others on the SSD though. Once you've used one, you won't want to go back to magnetic. The 80GB ones are getting reasonable; by November / December I'm sure the 128GB will be < $200 as well.