Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am suddenly getting an error runtime error 339 - component systray.ocx or
one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or
invalid....

Any suggestions on how I fix this?

Thanks

Richard,

Systray.ocx is not a binary shipped with Windows XP.

See:
http://www.topshareware.com/Intech-SysTray-OCX-download-5443.htm

It looks you have a program running which uses this control. BTW, when do
you get this error message?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I am suddenly getting an error runtime error 339 - component systray.ocx or
>one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or
>invalid....
>
> Any suggestions on how I fix this?
>
> Thanks

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When the computer is booted up - once I click ok - I seem to have no
problem - but I am sure something is amiss

How do I go about repairing this?

Thanks

> Richard,
>
> Systray.ocx is not a binary shipped with Windows XP.
>
> See:
> http://www.topshareware.com/Intech-SysTray-OCX-download-5443.htm
>
> It looks you have a program running which uses this control. BTW, when do
> you get this error message?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>I am suddenly getting an error runtime error 339 - component systray.ocx
>>or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing
>>or invalid....
>>
>> Any suggestions on how I fix this?
>>
>> Thanks

Richard,

Click Start/Run and type MSCONFIG. In the Startup tab, uncheck the
non-essential applications from the list (Leave the firewall/anti-virus
software etc intact.) Uncheck the remaining entries one at a time, and
logoff. Login back.
Repeat it until the error is resolved, thereby you identify the application
causing this error.

See: How to manage Windows Startup?
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

--

> When the computer is booted up - once I click ok - I seem to have no
> problem - but I am sure something is amiss
>
> How do I go about repairing this?
>
> Thanks

>> Richard,
>>
>> Systray.ocx is not a binary shipped with Windows XP.
>>
>> See:
>> http://www.topshareware.com/Intech-SysTray-OCX-download-5443.htm
>>
>> It looks you have a program running which uses this control. BTW, when do
>> you get this error message?
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>>I am suddenly getting an error runtime error 339 - component systray.ocx
>>>or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing
>>>or invalid....
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on how I fix this?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the tip - I wound up calling Microsoft - and that is how they
resolved the matter - pretty smart those - you guys.... thanks for your help

> Richard,
>
> Click Start/Run and type MSCONFIG. In the Startup tab, uncheck the
> non-essential applications from the list (Leave the firewall/anti-virus
> software etc intact.) Uncheck the remaining entries one at a time, and
> logoff. Login back.
> Repeat it until the error is resolved, thereby you identify the
> application causing this error.
>
> See: How to manage Windows Startup?
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Richard" <richx@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> When the computer is booted up - once I click ok - I seem to have no
>> problem - but I am sure something is amiss
>>
>> How do I go about repairing this?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Richard,
>>>
>>> Systray.ocx is not a binary shipped with Windows XP.
>>>
>>> See:
>>> http://www.topshareware.com/Intech-SysTray-OCX-download-5443.htm
>>>
>>> It looks you have a program running which uses this control. BTW, when
>>> do you get this error message?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User