Dedicated GPU For Physx in NVidia Control Panel

abhi_jollyguy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hello Guys, I am using NVidia GTX 275 and XFX 8600GT and I have downloaded NVidia Driver 197.45.
My problem is that I am not seeing any option to select 8600GT as Physx card under "Set Physx Configuration". I am just seeing Physx acceleration option is Enabled or Disabled so i have enabled it but I am unable to set Physx acceleration on 8600GT. Though I have set my 8600GT as Physx before several times. But i am not able to set it this time though on NVidia official site they have stated that we can use one card as Main card and the other card as Physx in this driver.

I am really worried and tensed. Please Help and My 8600GT is in working condition and all other applications are detecting my both the cards like Rivatuner, MSI Afterburner and others.

An early reply is requested......

Thanks

abhi_jollyguy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009

What do u mean?

Sorry I didn't get u

24kxglg.jpg

Does that help?

abhi_jollyguy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009

Plz tell me this thing that how to set my 8600GT card as physx. I want to dedicate this card as Physx only.

abhi_jollyguy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009

, We have to manually select 8600GT as Physx coz I had to manually select 8600GT as physx in previous drivers...

O God help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

abhi_jollyguy

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009

but in nvidia official site, there is clearly mentioned that we can chose one card as main card and the other card as dedicated physx card in new driver 197.45

notty22

Distinguished
With every new driver release , they have to test and optimize for the new hardware they produce. They don't make huge announcements , but they drop support for older hardware all the time. Now I know support is not dropped for the 8600, but it probably was not tested in scenarios where it was used as a dedicated physX card in hundreds of m/b configurations and bios's powering them.
If you had a working setup, there is absolutely NO REASON you can't use the old drivers, they will at least work your rig the way you want now.
What will you lose ? Probably nothing, new game optimizations come, but thats also tweaking to newer more powerful hardware. Partly why SLI profiles can be had separately from the main driver.