AMD Phenom 965 Temperature

I just overclocked my 965 to 3.9 ghz running at 1.425v and at load, it reaches up to 62 Celsius. Is this fine?
Also, I cannot get individual cpu core temperature readings. How can I fix this? While typing this Prime95 has been running for 2 hours.
6 answers Last reply
More about phenom temperature
  1. Assuming you are talking about the core temperature, technically it is fine since it does not surpass the TJmax temperature. (anyone who says it's 62*C is wrong. That is the Tcase max temperature)

However, that amount of heat still makes me uneasy and could, in the long-term, shorten the lifespan of the processor. I prefer to keep operation below 55*C for me to feel comfortable.

Also, I cannot get individual cpu core temperature readings. How can I fix this?
    Can't say unless you tell us what program you are using.
  2. Im using CPUid, speedfan, and core temp. All does not show core readings.
  3. raskits said:
    Im using CPUid, speedfan, and core temp. All does not show core readings.

its nothing unusual. you can fix it by turning off ACC which creates these problems. however, i wouldn bother about how may core temp it shows :)
  4. Well I think i fixed it...I took out my v8 cooler and reapply thermal paste and now my LOAD is at 50-52 Celsius running at 3.9ghz with Prime95.
  5. I have now overclocked my processor to 4.0ghz and runs at 56-57 Celcius with Prime95 running for 30 min and counting...
  6. raskits said:
    I have now overclocked my processor to 4.0ghz and runs at 56-57 Celcius with Prime95 running for 30 min and counting...

Very nice. The magical 4GHz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Phenom AMD Temperature