i built new system with
asus rampage 2 extreme mb
core i7 920
nvidia 285gtx 1gb 512 bit (zotac)
2 * 2 gb ram (kingmax) bus 1600
1 tr hard disk

but the system is toooooooooo slow
i took over 2 hours to install win7 64 and it runs too slow
i need help if ant one can tell me whats is the problem coz it costs me 2000$ for system like pentium 3 or 2
and i bought 2 systems of the same spec. above and the 2 have the same problem

2 hours to install windows 7 is WAY too long. The install should be finished in about 15 minutes if done from a flash drive, and about 20-25 minutes if done from DVD.

I recall seeing something in another section of the forum about i7 chips not liking certain memory configurations (if I recall correctly, the other user with this problem had a 2 x 2GB memory setup as well), but I haven't seen any proof of the claim, and haven't tested the idea out myself.

Somebody_007

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010

Yeah but he says it has the speed of a pentium computer. I have an i7 930 an in opening browsers starting games it isn't really faster than the pentium pc my mom has. I have no idea about how long win should take but as for general seed of the computer the fact that he has an hdd ussually bottlenecks it making it only marginally faster than a pentium(only in things like opening apps it obviously beats the hell out of a pentium with things like compressing, ...)