damaged recycle bin/mountpoints problem (take 2)

Jan

I've got several partitions (local, not network shares) mounted
inside folders. "C:\D&S\myusername\My Documents" is drive J:\
(FAT32), "C:\D&S\All Users\Documents" is drive H:\ (NTFS), etc.
(This is on XP Pro, SP2.)

Problem: When I create new subfolders in any of these places, I
can't delete them again; "Permission denied." It doesn't matter
whether I'm trying this as a restricted user, as an admin and/or
as the folder's owner.

I *can* delete files.

I *can* delete folders when I access my volumes via their original
drive letters. Everything's normal then.

I *can* delete them from the command line, or with the recycle bin
disabled.

I also occasionally get a dialogue box informing me the recycle
bin on drive D: is "damaged." (No details or suggestions.)

This looks like a recycle bin problem to me, not a permissions
problem - after all, everything's fine when I use drive letters
or bypass the recycler.

I don't know what to do about this, apart from forgetting about
it and simply redirecting the "My Documents" and "Shared Documents"
shell folders and use drive letters for the "other" cases but I'd
rather have a working system, too. Any help/suggestions would be
appreciated.

~j

This file will repair the recycle bin
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/restorerecyclebin.reg