Boot error neither hard disk drive is being found

mdershem

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Hello, I have a system with an SATA drive that contains winXP and and IDE drive thatcontains data. My system shutdown this morning and now it will not boot. I loaded my seagate tool disket to see what was going oon and it is saying there are no drive connected. Why would neither drive be identified?

Two drives failing at the same time both on different interfaces (IDE and SATA) The drives are probably good and the fault is either with the power supply or the motherboard. It is also possible that it is a memory fault. Test the memory with memtest86 and the power supply by substitution.

mdershem

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
I am having the same issue. however I noticed that prior to my system going down entirely I had an ongoing issue where when I wpould start my system it would go through the startup routine and then abruptly shut down entirely. In order to resart the system I would then have to momentarily cut power to the unit and then restart and sometimes going through this process several times before it would complete the power up.