Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My front panel for speaker/mic is not working.

Last response: in Components
August 22, 2010 5:14:31 AM

actually, i don't know if the one is the right sub-section for my concern. but i'm having a problem on my front audio panel.

my rig it looks like this:

as you can see, it has 2 USB ports and 2 holes(i don't know how these ones are called) for (left)speaker/headset and (right)mic. i was really wondering because the doesn't seem to work at all.

i tried to plug my headset and my guitar on the mic output(did i hit it right?) but it wasn't detected. how can i fix this one? although my audio panels at the back works perfectly. thanks :) 

Best solution

August 22, 2010 9:04:49 AM

This would suggest that they're not connected inside your case, i.e. to your motherboard. If you open your case there should be one cable from the case itself, labled either "HD Audio" or "AC97", or other variations. Anyway you should be able to find where to put this one either in the manual or on the internet.
August 22, 2010 6:15:22 PM

If the cable is connected and still bo audio output try setting the front panel audio in the bios to "ac97" instead of "High Definition". Does the front panel USB ports work?
Score
Related resources
August 23, 2010 12:20:22 AM

yes... the USB works... uhm how do i change my bios to ac97? will it affect the sound quality of both front and back panel(well of course if this one will fix the front)?
Score
September 3, 2010 7:08:45 PM

Best answer selected by ejcelis.
Score
September 3, 2010 10:45:58 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!