xsilentxsaix

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
On this forum i been reading that using ATI in a gamming rig is a good option quite a few times but does anyone still have driver issues with them? saying this from drivers not sticking back when i had a ATI Radeon 4890, and does anyone still support Nvidia for gamming rigs still?

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
There will always be bugs with drivers, except that nvidia is generally faster at ironing them out and releasing fixes, but the latest drivers from ATI seem solid for the moment (all it takes is one game with a hiccup to mess that up though). As for gaming rings, well generally I go with the cheapest AND the most powerful option available, be it nvidia or ATI/AMD i don't care. If nvidia comes out with a kickass gpu at affordable price than I go with them, if ATI comes out with than they are my choice. I don't take sides. Currently ATI has the upper hand because the HD5xxx series span every prince range and every performance range (you want monster performance at ridiculous price, ATI has it, you want cheap but fast, ATI has that too)

gerardb

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
I go with Nvidia/Intel, they have never failed before, i had an ATI card, worked as a charm too, so, like the post above, it depends!
Read reviews, get informed, and BALANCE YOUR COMPONENTS!!!! that is the most important thing!
Dont expecto to get a million fps if you have a 5970 and a celeron procesor!!! LOL!!!
Try to minimize the bottlenecks of your build =)

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Basically, never look at who builds it. Intel,AMD,ATI,Nvidia you can mix them up however you like. As long as it works, it's balanced, it doesn't burn a hole in you wallet, and it gives you the performance you want, it shouldn't matter if it's built by NoName & Co.

tstng

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Back on topic, I had a Nvidia/Intel combo a few months back, than I switched to Nvidia/AMD and now I'm going ATI/AMD. I'm just following the price/performance and not the brand.