Recent MOBO Upgrade causing Internet Drops?

Ogamy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I recently purchased a M4A88TD-V EVO, since installing it, I have noticed my internet is dropping often.

If it were the Motherboard, I would assume it would be the driver for the ethernet, but I would like other input if possible.

Thank you.

Wercoil

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Same situation here:

Mobo Asus P6X58D-E (lastest BIOS)
CPU i7 950 (stock freq.)
RAM 3x2GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz C8 - XMS
Graphic NVidia GTX295
HDD 2 x Velociraptor 150GB Raid0
HDD 2 x WD Black Caviar 1TB Raid1
PSU Corsair HX750W
Optical Plextor SATA
Optical Liteon SATA

Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Often the net connection lags, or it is completely stuck, and often the system seems to sleep :-(

I changed the modem router 3 times (differents model / maker) nothing changes!!

I also disabled the on-board LAN and installed an Intel PCI LAN adapter but with no results

I'd like to try with Windows XP .... but i have no time right now.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This is likely a different problem and should be a different thread. Hijacking someone's thread is not allowed.

For both issues, check a couple of things, if you are overclocking anything (memory, CPU, or GPU), revert to stock speeds until the problem is resolved. Sometimes, on-board devices have trouble with OCing.

Also, take a look inside the ethernet port (on your mobo) itself and make sure the contacts are not bent or missing. Try a different cable, etc. You want to verify that you have a good physical connection.

Good luck!

Wercoil

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Sorry it wasn't my intention to hijack this thread, perhaps i did not explain clearly:

"Often the net connection lags, or it is completely stuck, and often the system seems to sleep :-( "

I mean the Internet Connection does not renspond, while LAN seems in perfect order, connected, IP assigned, etc. but the Internet Browser (IE8, Google Chrome, Firefox) doesn't open any site, and after a while the system hangs waiting for something.... i don't kwow .

If i misunderstood what's been written in the first post, feel free to delete what i wrote.

Nicola

P.S. sorry for my English

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Download, ill, and update malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org) to make sure you don't have any unintended stuff running in the background. This is definitely a different problem from the original posting.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Excellent suggestions here! I use Google DNS as a practice because it seems to always be available and I can't say the same for my ISP. +1 to jaquith.