hookbender

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Bought a Seasonic X-650 for its reputation, but it appears to be DOA but I'm not sure.

Put the X-650 in the case, turn it on, nothing. Checked the Seasonic website follow there “troubleshooting steps” nothing. Followed Seasonic’s “power supply jump start instruction” that states on the last step “See if the power supply fan is running. If so, your supply is probably good“

The fan spins then stops, like it gets a pulse of power.

I do not think that qualifies as running, or is this the expected outcome of a working power supply?

There is a $25 charge if I return the unit to Seasonic and I am wrong about the diagnosis has me very concerned without a little more definitive troubleshooting technique.

If it is not working should I send this power supply back to Seasonic or return it where it was purchased (Newegg)?

has22fas

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Hey, do the fans spin for like 0.5-1second and then powers off if so, there is a high chance of something in your pc not grounded properly....this causes the pc to short circuit. i would take everything out the case and then try and power it up it seems the motherboard is not grounded properly

has22fas

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Well if the fans spin up for 0.5 second then there is power from the power supply. when u connect it normally do the fans spin for 0.5-1s, if so im certain something is not grounded properly