Sign in with
Your question

I have an asus p5k-e motherboard slots b1&b2 not working

Last response: in Motherboards
March 22, 2011 7:41:08 PM

I have an Asus P5K-E mother board. I tried to upgrade my ram from 3gb to 8gb. I am running Windows 7 home premium 64bit. All the memory I bought works in slots a1&a2, but when I put memory in slots b1&b2 the computer will not boot. I tried all the memory individually and they all work in channel A. The motherboard book says I can put 2 Gb sticks in each slot giving me 8 Gb, but it doesn't work. I flashed my bios to the latest update. Can anyone help
a c 1131 V Motherboard
a c 302 Ĉ ASUS
a c 242 } Memory
March 22, 2011 10:09:48 PM

You could try relaxing timings or speed in BIOS or adjust command rate from 1 to 2.
m
l
March 23, 2011 1:40:21 PM

rolli59 said:
You could try relaxing timings or speed in BIOS or adjust command rate from 1 to 2.

I tried adjusting the dram frequency from auto to 667 which is the frequency of the memory and my computer posted but I got an error message that overclocking did not work. I didn't overclock anything. I don't know what you mean by the command rate. It just seems like nothing works in the B channel.
m
l
April 3, 2011 2:06:38 PM

I contacted Asus several times and what they suggested didn't work either, so they suggested sending the motherboard back. I've had the mobo for 4 years now and every thing works fine except for the memory upgrade, so I just returned the memory to Crucial and will live with 4 GB of ram. Thank you for trying to help!
m
l
!