Integrated graphics for physics processing?

G

hey all! i have an intel i3 processor which has its own dedicated graphics solution. i also have a radeon hd5750 graphics card. is there any way of unloading my physics processing requirements to the integrated card? if so. how? i have read several reviews that claim it is possible but never any details...

G

blast. that sucks.
i read a local review that claimed it was possible.
http://www.ideamarketers.com/?What_Every_Gamer_Should_Know&articleid=848271

but i was a little skeptical when i read it. PhysX requires one card to do the Physics work and the other for graphics right? If so do they need to be identical? ATI released an article saying that it is possible to use two unbalanced cards in crossfire to model physics but they do not say how. as far as i understand it every game has a certain amount of physics processing built into it but only Havok and PhysX are actual physics engines? or can having a card set up for physics processing offload some of the work for games which do not use Havok or PhysX? apologies if this is self explanatory to some people. i have not kept up to date on this topic and google has been fairly useless in answering me...

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
What you have is an Intel chip with Intel graphics. I think it would be near the end of the world before AMD would use Intel's or any competitors graphics chip in tandem.

Lucid's Hydra is a workaround on this, but it required a chip just to make it work seamlessly.

G

I am sure they would spin in their graves! however what about using an older ati card in addition to the 5750 for physics processing? I have a crossfire compatible mobo...

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I am sure they would spin in their graves! however what about using an older ati card in addition to the 5750 for physics processing? I have a crossfire compatible mobo...

They usually "keep it in the family". I.E. within 4xxx series, or 5xxx series. Though even within series they segment it.

Take for example the 3xxx series, you could pair up the onboard 3200 with a 3450, but not a 3870 + 3200. They seem to want you to mix 2 slow gpus or 2 fast gpus.