The word on Sager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,

I'm looking for a high-performing notebook for graphics apps and games.
I've done extensive research, and, from a components point of view, Sager
seems to beat the rest with what they give while being cheaper than the rest
(only Dell has comparable customization + pricing, but no 17" screens yet).

So that being said, is there some catch? are Sagers generally reliable? how
abou their AMD 64 models???

Thanks,

CB

http://notebookforums.com/ Sager forums.

And if you haven't looked at www.pctorque.com, take one.

|Hi,
|
|I'm looking for a high-performing notebook for graphics apps and games.
|I've done extensive research, and, from a components point of view, Sager
|seems to beat the rest with what they give while being cheaper than the rest
|(only Dell has comparable customization + pricing, but no 17" screens yet).
|
|So that being said, is there some catch? are Sagers generally reliable? how
|abou their AMD 64 models???
|
|Thanks,
|
|CB

I am very happy with Sager. I think that they are the best kept secret of
the laptop business!

Buy it from www.pctorque.com, to save some moola.

|I am very happy with Sager. I think that they are the best kept secret of
|the laptop business!

|"Code Blue" <unemployed@usa.com> wrote in message
|> Hi,
|>
|> I'm looking for a high-performing notebook for graphics apps and games.
|> I've done extensive research, and, from a components point of view, Sager
|> seems to beat the rest with what they give while being cheaper than the
|> rest (only Dell has comparable customization + pricing, but no 17" screens
|> yet).
|>
|> So that being said, is there some catch? are Sagers generally reliable?
|> how abou their AMD 64 models???
|>
|> Thanks,
|>
|> CB

Charlie

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 00:34:47 -0700, "Code Blue" <unemployed@usa.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for a high-performing notebook for graphics apps and games.
>I've done extensive research, and, from a components point of view, Sager
>seems to beat the rest with what they give while being cheaper than the rest
>(only Dell has comparable customization + pricing, but no 17" screens yet).
>
>So that being said, is there some catch? are Sagers generally reliable? how
>abou their AMD 64 models???
>
>Thanks,

I don't think there is a "catch" as long as you understand what you
are buying. When I looked at Sager, all the high performance models
were Pentium IV based.... a laptop using a desktop computer processor.
That generally means some heat issues, or at least a heavy, noisy
laptop with large fan for cooling. That isn't to say that any of those
traits are "bad", just not what I was looking for. And that was some
time ago, before there were any AMD 64 models.

Charlie Hoffpauir

I am also very happy with my Sager, bought in May last year from
pctorque.com. Super service from the company. They even refunded the
difference (drop) in price from ordered to delivery date. (Waiting time
was due to customized keyboard and TV-tuner). The Sager forum on
http://notebookforums.com/ will give you all the answers.
Recommended

BJ