irCRiz

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
ok so basically i have a msi NF750-G55 running on bios 1.3 and its running a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz and the processor is running just fine but i they have a new version of bios(1.6) im wondering if i should upgrade the bios to 1.6 even with my CPU working just fine.

The new update for CPU AGESA code. which i have no idea what it does,but i would like to no and would this make my processor run better.

My other question is if i do need to update my bios wants the best way to do it.
I No that this board has something called M-Flash which uses a flash drive to update the bios but it doesn't give much info about how to do. It basically says you can update it with the flash drive. I don't Know if i need to have the flash drive bootable or what. So if anyone has any idea on how to update your msi bios with M-Flash please let me no

Thank you so much

Solution
If you have a 2TB HDD or are getting one then fine flash, but nothing you listed is a compelling reason. Some people just want to see how cool it is to flash and ass-u-me new is always better -- NO not always. The M-Flash is good but it doesn't beat having dual BIOS chips. If you're head strong then Load Defaults prior to flash.

If you're running fine -- don't flash.

Either way - Good Luck!

irCRiz

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
ok well im planning to make it alittle bit of both but the only thing if you look at the update from the bios 1.3 to 1.6 is the ability to have 2tb HDD which i would never get the max it would get is 1Tb so i should be fine. Im also planning to get a new Video card which the updates have nothing to do with so i should be good right?

Whats your opinion on this.

If you have a 2TB HDD or are getting one then fine flash, but nothing you listed is a compelling reason. Some people just want to see how cool it is to flash and ass-u-me new is always better -- NO not always. The M-Flash is good but it doesn't beat having dual BIOS chips. If you're head strong then Load Defaults prior to flash.

If you're running fine -- don't flash.

Either way - Good Luck!

Solution

irCRiz

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

thanks for the help