Sign in with
Your question

I only lag on games when someone is on the internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 5, 2010 1:43:11 PM

Hello,
I play PlayStation3 online and the game i Particularly is Call eof Duty 4 Modern Warfare 2. I have a wireless connection. When i play online and no one is on the internet my internet connection goes smoothly without any lag. But as soon as someone starts using the internet i get constant lag and it does not go away. I have an ethernet cable but i do not want to use it as it takes up the internet and the PS3.

Someone please help me this lagg is killing me.

P.S i have a D-Link Router

Please help me!!!!!

More about : lag games internet

Anonymous
June 5, 2010 4:33:16 PM

The answer is contained in your heading. Don't use wireless.
m
l
June 6, 2010 3:31:33 AM

Quote:
The answer is contained in your heading. Don't use wireless.

But all my mates have wireless and they play MW2 online and be on the computer at the same time without any lag and thats what i want
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
June 6, 2010 8:52:28 AM

Okay, but do something to optimise your reception.

Raise the router above furniture level. Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc away from router or computer. Experiment with the router's channels -- these work better or worse depending on environment. If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, select a channel 5 stops from the strongest ones.

Be prepared to move your computer in the room (or at least turn it so that your body is not between the antenna and your router).
m
l
June 6, 2010 9:50:54 AM

Quote:
Okay, but do something to optimise your reception.

Raise the router above furniture level. Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc away from router or computer. Experiment with the router's channels -- these work better or worse depending on environment. If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, select a channel 5 stops from the strongest ones.

Be prepared to move your computer in the room (or at least turn it so that your body is not between the antenna and your router).

Okay that sounds like it willl work thanks heaps
m
l
June 7, 2010 3:40:12 AM

For the record, I also have a PS3, and seems like I too get better gameplay online when using a wired connection.
m
l
!