Need help with what kind of system I should get.

breezebay

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
I am about to purchase a new computer and I'm trying to do alittle research before doing so. I need all of your opinons on what I should go with.

I do photography. I will be using Lightroom 2, Photoshop CS4, and Adobe Illustrator on my "New" computer. I will be working with photos alot and doing alot of editing with these programs. With that being said which system would be best for my needs ? My budget is $600-$800, and I'd like to go with a Dell.

Thanks in advance for any help, ideas, or recommandations.

P.S - I found the Studio XPS 7100 with the AMD Phenom ll ( Whats your thoughts on this system ? )

Darshebag

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
First... Why would you like to go with a Dell? Dell is perhaps one of the most despised of computer brands of all time.

Besides, the brand does not matter, it is what is inside that counts. With a budget of 600-800, I would recommend typing "gaming computer" into the search box on Ebay. The first search result is a computer made by "magic-micro." They seem to be a good company. Very low price compared to others. Configure your pc there, just don't let the power supply be logisys(garbage) You should be able to get what you want for less that 800, and then some.