Sign in with
Your question

Display too large for screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2010 2:42:01 AM

Hello,
I just finished building a custom pc and I am using a nvidia 9600gt video card and I am running dvi to hdmi into my tv. The display is not fitting the tv...I never had this problem before, please help!

More about : display large screen

a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2010 2:45:24 AM

have you set you resolution in the nvidia control panel, and what resolution is your tv
m
l
May 17, 2010 2:47:39 AM

yes I Have all my settings for 1920x1080 and my tv is 1080p
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2010 2:56:02 AM

your tv for some reason by be trying to upscale the image, does the image fit in the screen at a lower resolution, or does it remain oversized
m
l
May 17, 2010 3:04:07 AM

if I lower the setting it will fit, but my pc is recommending 1920x1080p, but yes it fits at a lower resolution
m
l
May 17, 2010 4:29:21 AM

I also just realized I am not getting any sound either, can that be because im using the dvi to hdmi adapter
m
l
May 17, 2010 6:16:33 AM

yes and because the 9600 does not output audio. To solve your original problem make sure you have the latest drivers, you can download them here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

If that doesn't solve your problem then there should be a custom resolution option in the nvidia control panel and I think a resize desktop option should be there and/or just down the resolution a little bit. I can't speak from personal experience since I have an ATI card but this should work
m
l
May 17, 2010 11:47:23 AM

I have the newest drivers and I have played with the resize options in the nvidia control panel but because the screen does not fit I cant adjust the size of the screen, the bars you move up and down and side to side are not visible. Is there any way to get audio out of dvi to hdmi with my card? If I got another 9600gt with hdmi output and run them together will that maybe fix my pc, cause I was gonna buy one soon anyways but if it will fix my problem I will just order it now.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
May 17, 2010 4:41:40 PM

jesse29 said:
I have the newest drivers and I have played with the resize options in the nvidia control panel but because the screen does not fit I cant adjust the size of the screen, the bars you move up and down and side to side are not visible. Is there any way to get audio out of dvi to hdmi with my card? If I got another 9600gt with hdmi output and run them together will that maybe fix my pc, cause I was gonna buy one soon anyways but if it will fix my problem I will just order it now.

I'm not totally sure why it's not resizing right, but i don't believe there is any way to get audio out of dvi but anyways as paigneinfull said the 9 series can't do audio, i believe on the 200 series there was a cable to have onboard audio run through the gpu , for hdmi outputs
m
l
May 18, 2010 1:01:13 AM

so I went and purchased two gts 250 hdmi cards and have them running in sli...I still cant get my screen to fit right, im soooo frustrated
m
l
a c 172 Î Nvidia
a c 273 U Graphics card
May 18, 2010 1:43:24 AM

I've had this issue with a couple of cards when HDMI is used and the only way that I've got the picture to fit is by using the Nv control panel to resize the screen.
m
l
June 10, 2013 9:42:07 AM

As for your Audio issue, DMI does not provide audio. You can simply run a separate audio cable from your PC to your TV or a stereo receiver if you have one for your TV system setup.
m
l
!