Sign in with
Your question

Xps 630i video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2010 2:52:52 AM

i have a dell xps 630i both of my 8800gts fried.. and i can't afford to get 2 new ones as they are spendy and so i am asking if anyone knows what others ones i can get for it to work and i can have a computer back and working again can i use this type of one called EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support?? please help me out here please email me at christysgraphics@ncn.net ty again for everyone i really need help here thank you again

More about : xps 630i video card

May 17, 2010 8:45:12 AM

can anyone tell me if this card i want to buy will work in my pc please
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
May 17, 2010 9:04:09 AM

what about your PSU? brand? model?
You will better with GTS 250...
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2010 4:10:31 PM

Just for a quick heads up, it's hard to ask for immediate requests at nearly 11pm and ask people at 4:45am.

Anyways, are you saying you had one or two 8800gts in your computer?
What is your power supply's wattage? and what kind of processor do you have?
Do you have a certain budget?

Also, the 9500gt is a slower performing card. a 9800gt is almost exactly the same speed as a 8800gt.
m
l
May 18, 2010 3:55:39 PM

Thank you for contacting Dell XPS Hardware Support. I will be glad to assist you with the issue. From your e-mail I understand that you have query regarding graphics card for your 630i system.

Your 630i comes with nVidia 650 SLI Chipset which has Two PCIe x16, One PCIe x8, One PCIe x1 and Two PCI slots. The Graphic Card goes into the PCIe x16 Slot. Yes, the card you mention below is supported by your motherboard, you can actually buy two similar cards and connect together on SLI to double the performance if you wish.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. We immensely value our relationship and consider it a privilege to serve you. We value you as a customer and your satisfaction is our highest priority. Your case number for this interaction is 816658120. Please keep this number for your records as it will help us keep the track of this issue.

i got my answer now but ty kindly for those who did try to help me out
m
l
July 9, 2011 1:52:31 AM

ladydeath said:
i have a dell xps 630i both of my 8800gts fried.. and i can't afford to get 2 new ones as they are spendy and so i am asking if anyone knows what others ones i can get for it to work and i can have a computer back and working again can i use this type of one called EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support?? please help me out here please email me at christysgraphics@ncn.net ty again for everyone i really need help here thank you again

Exact thing happened to me. And Alienware MX17 laptop has trouble just running WOW.

Dell ruined the Alienware name.

I'll never buy another Dell!!!
m
l
!