Sign in with
Your question

Color Problems with HD 3400 possible?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 17, 2010 3:12:55 AM

Hi all. I recently got great help with finding a replacement card for my girlfriend's PC, which will let me play games on higher settings and hopefully fix an issue she has. Problem being we're not sure this will have any chance of fixing her issue.

She has a synmaster 225bw, which is exactly what she had at her last graphic design job, and the colors are more washed out than they were at her workplace.

So the question is this: is there ANY chance that upgrading from an ATI 3400 to an ATI 5670 could affect color display? She swears her adjustments of the Catalyst panel, and of the monitor's own settings via MagicTouch software and the buttons on the panel, have brought it into line settings-wise with what she had at work. But the colors are less subtly differentiated with her own current setup (like comparing the default Macbook wallpaper with my MacBook Pro's display of that same wallpaper--many more shades can be seen on mine, and they are richer).

More about : color problems 3400

a c 235 U Graphics card
May 17, 2010 3:21:19 AM

i also have a synchmaster BW monitor, they are a great monitor

upgrading video cards will not affect color displays unless the ATI 3400 is somehow defective (which i doubt from what you describe). I would upgrade the monitor or at least switch it. Samsung makes many different 22"synchmaster monitors and they are not always at the same performance level.

m
l
!