Sign in with
Your question

Desktop pc no output

Last response: in Motherboards
March 23, 2011 11:29:42 AM

My pc is a custom built with (unfortunately all the specs are on a notepad on my pc) Intel D975XBX2 main board with quantity 4 - 1 GB ram sticks. A post suggested remove everything, which i did with only the PS to the board, ram removed, all four HDs & GE FORCE 8400gs 512 mb video card. When i turned on the PC, i got 3 beeps. When i insert the memory (2 sticks and then the other 2 sticks) i get no beeps. The RAM is good as i inserted it in another built & that PC recognized 2 GB of memory for each pair.
I have had previous issues that was solved by reloading the chipset two days ago but yesterday when i first turned on my pc the external, media cared reader & printer was not recognized and i got the "device not recognized" or something to that effect. I reloaded the drivers and the devices where all recognized.
Not sure where to go with this & help would be, as always appreciated.
My C drive appears intact, as i attached it to the other build and it recognzied it as a "E" drive and the contents were visable.

More about : desktop output

a c 1163 V Motherboard
March 23, 2011 10:43:56 PM

What about your GPU (video card) have you tried reseating it? can you try it in another system? (I am going under the assumption that no output means no video)
m
l
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2011 11:46:10 PM

how old is that PSU?
m
l
Related resources
March 26, 2011 10:58:54 AM

rolli59 said:
What about your GPU (video card) have you tried reseating it? can you try it in another system? (I am going under the assumption that no output means no video)

i purchased a video card that had VGA/DVI and HDMI ourput and that works well until my motherboard died.
m
l
March 26, 2011 10:59:33 AM

i purchased a video card that has VGA/ DVI(my primary monitor) and HDMI and it works real well.
m
l
a c 1163 V Motherboard
March 26, 2011 11:06:49 AM

When you where checking for beeps did you leave the GPU (video card) out to check for beeps? If the system does not beep without the GPU it is most likely a bad motherboard. If you can try your GPU in another system then you would make sure.
m
l
!