Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Fan
  • Vantec
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
August 23, 2010 2:04:32 AM

i have an unmarked fan and measured it as 2 inches x 2 inches. By my math that's 50 mm but when i go to find a vantec on newegg or amazon, one doesnt exist. This must be exact due to my application

there's an evercool rated <23db but since i always used vantec, feel somewhat lost lol. I need the quietest, not necessarily the one that pumps out the most air.

recommendations?

More about : 2x2 correct quietest fan

August 23, 2010 2:36:13 AM

I think a 50mm fan cannot move a lot of air,You have to look at 120mm fans ,Wats your current specs?and which is your case,Some cases will not support 120mm fans ,We need more info on your pc! :D 
m
l
August 23, 2010 11:29:55 AM

it's for a tivo
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
August 23, 2010 7:35:31 PM

That's a very small size and you may not find it listed as a case cooing fan. However, you might find that size sold to be a CPU cooling fan that fastens onto a heatsink. The trouble is, those fans often are not sold as "2-inch fan", so it can be hard to identify the right one. You might have better luck taking the old one to a computer parts shop and matching it up.
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
August 23, 2010 7:53:45 PM

You can also find some 50mm cooling fans at audio/video/home theater sites on line.
m
l
August 24, 2010 1:26:05 PM

ok thanks for the suggestions, i did see the newegg one but one reviewer said he put it in his tivo and it was so loud. I guess i just have to pick the lowest DB and take a chance.
m
l
August 24, 2010 2:13:53 PM

A 50mm fan that moves a lot of air is going to be loud. It has to spin really fast to move large volumes of air, and the faster your fan spins the louder it gets.
m
l
August 24, 2010 3:09:16 PM

i'm tempted to drill a hole in the side wall and just put a bigger one in lol..if it would be quieter..but there's really no room inside the unit. it's a 24/7 operation and never will get any rest

stock pictures of the tivo here

http://www.9thtee.com/insidehdtivo.htm

however i have a 2nd bracket and hard drive like this

http://www.weaknees.com/hd_tivo_twinbreeze.php

and that’s the fan I need to replace. It’s 20 bucks if i get it thru the people I got it from and as you know that’s a tad too much for the noise it made.
m
l
!