Sign in with
Your question

Win 2003 sbs freeze on install

Last response: in Systems
June 24, 2010 9:29:49 AM

Hi All
I have a new Dell PowerEdge T110 XEON X3430 4 core, 8 Gb mem and two 500 Gb SATA HDD's. I am trying to install win 2003 SBS and it stalls at the same point exactly...."setup is starting windows". I am using the original discs that came with the old server(about to be decommissioned). Could it be drivers for SATA?

Regards

Andrew

More about : win 2003 sbs freeze install

June 24, 2010 12:12:57 PM

Could very well be a SATA issue. Are you booting the SBS2003 disk directly or booting the Dell System Install disks that come with new servers? Should be booting with the Dell disks and inserting the SBS disk when asked as the Dell disk prepares the drive and pre-copies required drivers that setup will need.
June 25, 2010 11:14:33 AM

nocheese said:
Could very well be a SATA issue. Are you booting the SBS2003 disk directly or booting the Dell System Install disks that come with new servers? Should be booting with the Dell disks and inserting the SBS disk when asked as the Dell disk prepares the drive and pre-copies required drivers that setup will need.

Hi nocheese,

Problem solved!! The Dell server does not support win sbs2003 only the R2 version. I slipstreamed the Perc S100 drivers and SP2 into original and installed as normal.

Regards

Andrew
!