2nd trailer

Last response: in Video Games
May 17, 2005 10:26:08 PM

Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching the
new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but there
was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer ;0)

Lisa aka Pagemaster

More about : 2nd trailer

May 18, 2005 1:14:02 AM

It's awesome!!!

Anybody have any problems downloading the fan site?

What does it do?

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
> the
> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
> there
> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
> ;0)
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

Anonymous
May 18, 2005 1:30:23 AM

Lisa Smith wrote:
> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching the
> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but there
> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer ;0)
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

GOTTA pop outta the shadows long enough to say that the new trailer
looks like a blast! I wonder if they took a page from PoP in the
fighting style? judging by the way she rebounded off that rockface I'd
say they did.

I didn't like PoP:WW right away, but once I picked up the key combo's
and created a fighting style......I haven't played a better game! I
*really* hope they did nab a few of those ideas!
Related resources
May 18, 2005 12:43:32 PM

The fan site is just a load of graphics, sounds, fonts etc. that are from
the TR site etc. so fan sites are easier to construct on the graphics side.

Kieran

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> It's awesome!!!
>
> Anybody have any problems downloading the fan site?
>
> What does it do?
>
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
>> the
>> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
>> there
>> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
>> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
>> ;0)
>>
>> Lisa aka Pagemaster

May 18, 2005 12:55:49 PM

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
> the
> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
> there
> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
> ;0)
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

It does look pretty good I must say, however the music I was not so much a
fan of - I prefer the more ambient style of previous games where the
graphics and in-game experience made the somewhat basic but none the less
effective music come alive. The background music on the TR site is a good
example of this.

Puzzle wise, I saw more shooting than I did puzzle solving, but yes, I see
what you mean; sort of like a 3 cog setup with different ordering etc.
almost reminded me of a similar puzzle near the beginning of TR1 with cogs
all having to fit together to divert the water.

Did anyone else notice that neat move as she was traversing around a pillar?
Vaulting upwards from hanging on a ledge to finish hanging on the ledge
above? That is a fab additional move; previously you could drop down cracks
but never get back up unless there was a ladder next to them.

Kieran
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 2:07:20 PM

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6ese6$lmu$1@pump1.york.ac.uk
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills
>> watching the
>> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
>> there
>> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on
>> some kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in
>> the trailer ;0)
>>
>> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>>

> It does look pretty good I must say, however the music I was not so
> much a fan of - I prefer the more ambient style of previous games
> where the graphics and in-game experience made the somewhat basic but
> none the less effective music come alive. The background music on the
> TR site is a good example of this.
>
> Puzzle wise, I saw more shooting than I did puzzle solving, but yes,
> I see what you mean; sort of like a 3 cog setup with different
> ordering etc. almost reminded me of a similar puzzle near the
> beginning of TR1 with cogs all having to fit together to divert the
> water.
> Did anyone else notice that neat move as she was traversing around a
> pillar? Vaulting upwards from hanging on a ledge to finish hanging on
> the ledge above? That is a fab additional move; previously you could
> drop down cracks but never get back up unless there was a ladder next
> to them.
> Kieran

I saw that! There were some other climbing and shimmy around moves
shown too, but that one was tops. Whoa man, she's BAD! I notice also
she's fond of swinging round horizontal poles, like a gymnast on the
uneven bars. No less than three shots of that one in this trailer. I
too think they seem to be focusing more on the action than the exploring
aspect. At least in the trailers. So they could have shown her making
a full classic signature Swan Dive. The animations look good, but the
model itself.... I sure hope the game has scalable Level Of Detail (LOD
henceforth) and we are viewing game demo-ing from unoptimised unpolished
engine and level and models :o \ Lara is looking particularly LOW poly
in this. And I mean on the order of Unreal Tournament grade models.
McG.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 7:04:12 PM

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 6ese6$lmu$1@pump1.york.ac.uk...
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
> > the
> > new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
> > there
> > was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> > kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
> > ;0)
> >
> > Lisa aka Pagemaster
> >

> It does look pretty good I must say, however the music I was not so much a
> fan of - I prefer the more ambient style of previous games where the
> graphics and in-game experience made the somewhat basic but none the less
> effective music come alive. The background music on the TR site is a good
> example of this.
>
> Puzzle wise, I saw more shooting than I did puzzle solving, but yes, I see
> what you mean; sort of like a 3 cog setup with different ordering etc.
> almost reminded me of a similar puzzle near the beginning of TR1 with cogs
> all having to fit together to divert the water.
>
> Did anyone else notice that neat move as she was traversing around a
pillar?
> Vaulting upwards from hanging on a ledge to finish hanging on the ledge
> above? That is a fab additional move; previously you could drop down
cracks
> but never get back up unless there was a ladder next to them.
>
> Kieran

I don't think the music in the trailer will actually be used in the game.
The trailer really seemed to be cut like a movie trailer, hence the crazy
music and the rocket launcher........;0)

Lisa aka Pagemaster
Anonymous
May 19, 2005 12:36:30 PM

"Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:p ntie.56977$0X6.32018@edtnps90...
> Lisa Smith wrote:
> > Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
the
> > new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
there
> > was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> > kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
;0)

> > Lisa aka Pagemaster
> >

> GOTTA pop outta the shadows long enough to say that the new trailer
> looks like a blast! I wonder if they took a page from PoP in the
> fighting style? judging by the way she rebounded off that rockface I'd
> say they did.
>
> I didn't like PoP:WW right away, but once I picked up the key combo's
> and created a fighting style......I haven't played a better game! I
> *really* hope they did nab a few of those ideas!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I couldn't stand those games. The repitition was...not good. At all. I'm not
going into it, but I will be frustrated and I'm sure many others will be if
they go anyway near that engine!

grrrr!
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:28:52 PM

> Dragoncarer wrote:
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>

> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take anything
> personal,' still stands, ok?
>
> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst games
> I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult about
> that game at all?
>
> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is between
> our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good to survive
> PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though the game I
> could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and the other half
> I could experiment with before there got to be too many.
>
> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so different in
> TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really has no defence
> against a horde of baddies who never miss.

<SNIP>

> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>
> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!

Yeah but.
Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of its story
and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked Oni and why I
like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd rather it be a cakewalk
and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be interesting and complex.
FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good stories -
like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to play them
for the storyline.
I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.

So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied lot!
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 1:28:53 PM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dragoncarer was heard, at
about 05/19/2005 07:28 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> <SNIP>
>
>>Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>>pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>>Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>

> Yeah but.
> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of its story
> and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked Oni and why I
> like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd rather it be a cakewalk
> and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be interesting and complex.
> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good stories -
> like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to play them
> for the storyline.
> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>
> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied lot!

Then I whole-heartedly suggest NOLF (No One Lives Forever) ... and, yes,
I know it is *old* by today's standards! If you want better graphics
you can get NOLF2, but if you ask me, NOLF is a better game.

Yes, its an FPS, but its a *strategy* game. You go in whole-hog,
shooting everything you see, and you'll either be dead in minutes or
you'll be disqualified from some (stealth) levels.

It's very linear, but its definitely built around a solid storyline (FOX
produced it). And, quite frankly, the whole game is *hoot*. Its
premised on a very '60s spy theme ... or more accurately, a '60s spy
*movie* theme.

If you take your time and move cautiously, you are rewarded by
overhearing the strangest conversations out of the "bad" guys. Some of
it so entertaining, you almost regret having to kill them.

Sample Dialog ...

"It's not easy being a criminal, you know?"

"Its so hard to put things on colored walls."

"I wish I could get a promotion, so I could feel special."

"Excuse me, but could I borrow your parachute?"

Criminal 1: "You're an idiot! Who hired you?"
Criminal 2: "Uh, you did sir."

Sample Weapons:

Exploding lipstick
Briefcase rocket launcher
Sleeping Gas perfume

Sample Equipment:

Coin
"zip" cord belt buckle
dead body dissolver

I'm sure you could pick it up on the cheap ...

advert over.

---
PW
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:45:57 PM

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dragoncarer wrote:
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> <SNIP>
>>>

>> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
>> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
>>
>> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
>> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
>> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
>> about that game at all?
>>
>> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
>> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
>> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
>> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
>> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
>> many.
>>
>> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
>> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
>> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
>> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
>> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
>> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
>>
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Yeah but.
> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> interesting and complex.
> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> play them for the storyline.
> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>
> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> lot!

That's interesting. I bought Homeworld because of the music in the demo
on the Half-Life cd it installed. I tried the demo, found that a
competitive space combat strategy game actually has an interesting
STORY. I still don't know the full story though, I didn't find any
cheats to let me just see all the fmv's :(  Gave it to my son. Sigh.
McG.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:48:01 PM

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dragoncarer wrote:
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> <SNIP>
>>>

>> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
>> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
>>
>> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
>> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
>> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
>> about that game at all?
>>
>> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
>> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
>> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
>> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
>> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
>> many.
>>
>> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
>> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
>> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
>> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
>> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
>> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
>>
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Yeah but.
> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> interesting and complex.
> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> play them for the storyline.
> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>
> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> lot!

Ok, have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
yet? Now there's a story :)  I bought this game JUST to get more
filler for the "Saga of Riddick" as I fondly refer to the whole
'Riddick' shebang :)
McG.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 7:49:29 PM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Wijja wrote:
>>
>> Dragoncarer wrote

snip!

>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with
> barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor
> of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>
> ;)
>
> -- G

I love Rabbit Pot Pie!!! Baked in a full size casserole! :)
McG.
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 10:30:04 PM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

(Megasnippage)

>> Great.....now I wanna play WW again!! Haven't finished T2X, yet.
>>
>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
>Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
>Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
>heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
>bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
>I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>
> ;)
>
> -- G

Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 3:46:22 AM

"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned
>
> (Megasnippage)
>
>>> Great.....now I wanna play WW again!! Haven't finished T2X, yet.
>>>
>>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just
>>> no pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>>
>>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>>
>> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
>> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
>> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about
>> with barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular
>> flavor of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with
>> bunnies.
>>
>> ;)
>>
>> -- G
>
> Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
> afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!

That was jackrabbits you wuz dreaming of, I can smell em all the way
over here! ;)
McG.

> .
> .
> "When in danger or in doubt,
> Run in circles, scream and shout"
> .
> It's not just a management tool,
> It's a philosophy for living!!
> .
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 9:57:29 PM

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dragoncarer was heard, at
> about 05/19/2005 07:28 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <snip>
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> >>Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >>pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >>Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!

<SNIPP SNIP SNIPITY SNIP>

> Then I whole-heartedly suggest NOLF (No One Lives Forever) ... and, yes,
> I know it is *old* by today's standards! If you want better graphics
> you can get NOLF2, but if you ask me, NOLF is a better game.
>
> Yes, its an FPS, but its a *strategy* game. You go in whole-hog,
> shooting everything you see, and you'll either be dead in minutes or
> you'll be disqualified from some (stealth) levels.

<EXTRA INTENSIVE SNIPPING ACTION>

> I'm sure you could pick it up on the cheap ...
>
> advert over.
>
> ---
> PW

ok ok! I actually remember hearing about and being sort of interested in
this game back when it came out...I think a lot of TR people were playing it
as well or something.

But after your little spiel, I'm gonna have to give it a try!
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:01:17 PM

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Wijja wrote:
> >
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>

> > Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> > pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >
> > Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
> Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
> heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
> bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
> I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>
> ;)
>
> -- G

*sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!

As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:01:18 PM

Dragoncarer wrote:
> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
>>Wijja wrote:

> <SNIP>
>
>>>Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>>>pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>>
>>>Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>>
>>Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
>>Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
>>heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
>>bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
>>I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>>
>> ;)
>>
>> -- G
>

> *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>
> As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
> Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!

Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.

Blech. Eating bunnies.

My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family members
minutes later!!

Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:01:19 PM

> Dragoncarer wrote:
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>> <SNIP>

>>> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
>>> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
>>> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about
>>> with barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular
>>> flavor of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with
>>> bunnies. ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>

>> *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>>
>> As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating
>> Ice Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little
>> rabbits!!!
>
> Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>
> Blech. Eating bunnies.
>
> My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
> members minutes later!!
>
> Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!

Do you not eat meat?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:01:20 PM

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Dragoncarer wrote:
>>
>>>"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>><SNIP>

>>>*sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>>>
>>>As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating
>>>Ice Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little
>>>rabbits!!!
>>
>>Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
>>smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>>
>>Blech. Eating bunnies.
>>
>>My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
>>'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
>>since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
>>the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
>>members minutes later!!
>>
>>Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
>

> Do you not eat meat?

Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
That just sounds nasty.

I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork and
chicken for my staples, thanks.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:01:21 PM

> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
>>> smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>>>
>>> Blech. Eating bunnies.
>>>
>>> My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
>>> 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
>>> since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing
>>> with the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
>>> members minutes later!!
>>>
>>> Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black
>>> pudding!
>>

>> Do you not eat meat?
>>

> Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
> or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
> That just sounds nasty.
>
> I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
> reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork
> and chicken for my staples, thanks.

I understand. Chicken and fish are my fave staples. And lots of
veggies. I've learned equine flesh is consumed in many places outside
the US. I feel that's a real tragedy. Horses. They're a simpler folk
than us, but to us around here, they are a folk. They work for us, they
earn their keep, we often bond with them as with a dog. And I for one
will not eat their flesh. So I understand how you feel.
McG.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:02:51 PM

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > <SNIP>
> >>>

> >> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
> >> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
> >>
> >> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
> >> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
> >> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
> >> about that game at all?
> >>
> >> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
> >> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
> >> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
> >> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
> >> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
> >> many.
> >>
> >> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
> >> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
> >> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
> >> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
> >> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
> >> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
> >>
> > <SNIP>
> >>
> >> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
> >
> > Yeah but.
> > Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> > its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> > Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> > rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> > interesting and complex.
> > FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> > stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> > And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> > play them for the storyline.
> > I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
> >
> > So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> > lot!
>
> That's interesting. I bought Homeworld because of the music in the demo
> on the Half-Life cd it installed. I tried the demo, found that a
> competitive space combat strategy game actually has an interesting
> STORY. I still don't know the full story though, I didn't find any
> cheats to let me just see all the fmv's :(  Gave it to my son. Sigh.
> McG.

My bro fell in love with that game, and its sequel.

Are you sure about the FMVs? From memory it uses Bink video (the same as the
original TRs) so I would assume the FMVs would also be directly
available...strange. How very very strange.

What about finding a 'beat level' cheat, so you can just skip through all
the gameplay?
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:02:52 PM

>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> <SNIP>

>>> <SNIP>

>>> Yeah but.
>>> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
>>> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
>>> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
>>> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to
>>> be interesting and complex.
>>> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
>>> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
>>> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
>>> play them for the storyline.
>>> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>>>
>>> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
>>> lot!
>>
>> That's interesting. I bought Homeworld because of the music in the
>> demo on the Half-Life cd it installed. I tried the demo, found that
>> a competitive space combat strategy game actually has an interesting
>> STORY. I still don't know the full story though, I didn't find any
>> cheats to let me just see all the fmv's :(  Gave it to my son.
>> Sigh. McG.
>>

> My bro fell in love with that game, and its sequel.
>
> Are you sure about the FMVs? From memory it uses Bink video (the same
> as the original TRs) so I would assume the FMVs would also be directly
> available...strange. How very very strange.
>
> What about finding a 'beat level' cheat, so you can just skip through
> all the gameplay?

I'll try it again sometime. At the moment, I have a lot of other
gameplay going on. And definitely anticipating Legend and also
Oblivion.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:04:18 PM

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > <SNIP>
> >>>

> >> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
> >> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
> >>
> >> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
> >> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
> >> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
> >> about that game at all?
> >>
> >> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
> >> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
> >> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
> >> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
> >> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
> >> many.
> >>
> >> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
> >> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
> >> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
> >> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
> >> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
> >> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
> >>
> > <SNIP>
> >>
> >> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
> >
> > Yeah but.
> > Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> > its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> > Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> > rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> > interesting and complex.
> > FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> > stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> > And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> > play them for the storyline.
> > I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
> >
> > So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> > lot!
>
> Ok, have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
> yet? Now there's a story :)  I bought this game JUST to get more
> filler for the "Saga of Riddick" as I fondly refer to the whole
> 'Riddick' shebang :)
> McG.

Ugh no...I don't think I could stand the FPS part of it.
I'm happy with the Anime and the Movies.
In fact, I much preferred it when Pitch Black was just a little-known niche
movie that gave me a warm glow because a) Vin Diesel is, well...he's just
hot and b) it was made in Australia with all these low-grade Aussie
actors...teehee.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:04:19 PM

>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> <SNIP>

>>> <SNIP>

>>> Yeah but.
>>> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
>>> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
>>> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
>>> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to
>>> be interesting and complex.
>>> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
>>> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
>>> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
>>> play them for the storyline.
>>> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>>>
>>> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
>>> lot!
>>
>> Ok, have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
>> yet? Now there's a story :)  I bought this game JUST to get more
>> filler for the "Saga of Riddick" as I fondly refer to the whole
>> 'Riddick' shebang :)
>> McG.
>>

> Ugh no...I don't think I could stand the FPS part of it.
> I'm happy with the Anime and the Movies.
> In fact, I much preferred it when Pitch Black was just a little-known
> niche movie that gave me a warm glow because a) Vin Diesel is,
> well...he's just hot and b) it was made in Australia with all these
> low-grade Aussie actors...teehee.

Claudia Black is a low-grade Aussie actor? C'mon, where YOU been?! Even
getting torn in two she looked great! :)

The game Riddick: EFBB has a lot of the backstory to Pitch Black. I'm
kinda collecting what's becoming the "Riddick Saga". Looks like I'll be
a while at this game.
Riddick is an anti-hero that's kinda easy to identify with. At the end
of the movie, Chronicles of Riddick, he is now the new Lord Marshall.
Come on sequel!
McG.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:04:41 PM

news:D Gnje.107114$h6.81268@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Wijja wrote:
> >>
> >> Dragoncarer wrote
>
> snip!
>
> >> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
> >
> > Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
> > cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
> > nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with
> > barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor
> > of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > -- G
>
> I love Rabbit Pot Pie!!! Baked in a full size casserole! :)
> McG.

You are an evil, evil person.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:04:42 PM

> news:D Gnje.107114$h6.81268@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>> snip!

>>> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
>>> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
>>> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about
>>> with barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular
>>> flavor of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with
>>> bunnies.
>>>
>>> ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>
>> I love Rabbit Pot Pie!!! Baked in a full size casserole! :)
>> McG.
>>

> You are an evil, evil person.

I am NOT! Just hungry! :)
McG.
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:24:52 PM

"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned
>
> (Megasnippage)
>
> >> Great.....now I wanna play WW again!! Haven't finished T2X, yet.
> >>
> >> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
> >
> >Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
> >Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
> >heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
> >bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
> >I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > -- G
>
> Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
> afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!

Oh bucket! where's a bucket!

> .
> .
> "When in danger or in doubt,
> Run in circles, scream and shout"
> .
> It's not just a management tool,
> It's a philosophy for living!!
> .
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:38:12 PM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, McGrandpa mentioned

>"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
>> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
>> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned
>>
>> (Megasnippage)

>>> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
>>> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
>>> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about
>>> with barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular
>>> flavor of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with
>>> bunnies.
>>>
>>> ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>
>> Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
>> afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!
>
>That was jackrabbits you wuz dreaming of, I can smell em all the way
>over here! ;)
>McG.

I don't think we have the equivalent of your jackrabbits over here in
Oz.

All rabbits (and hares) are descendants of less than twenty pairs
introduced in the early 19th Century to provide "sport" for the bloody
squatters and are vermin all over Australia.

We have conducted warfare against the little bastards ever since,
military, chemical and biological. They make good hats, though (all
those famous Aussie soldiers slouch hats are rabbit fur and it takes
about twenty pair to make one hat {HOORAY!}) and our other great
export hat, the "Akubra" is also rabbit felt. That's our emotional
equivalent to the US Stetson. More Akubras, fewer bloody rabbits.

One of these days, we'll corner the last of the little f***ers and
slaughter it and then we shall stop wearing hats.

In the meantime, I have LOTS and lots and lots and lots of recipes for
bunnies and parts of bunnies and interesting things to do with skins
of bunnies.

..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 10:38:15 PM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Wijja mentioned

>Dragoncarer wrote:
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>> <SNIP>

>>>Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
>>>Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
>>>heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
>>>bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
>>>I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>>>
>>> ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>

>> *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>>
>> As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
>> Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!
>>

>Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
>smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>
>Blech. Eating bunnies.
>
>My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
>'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
>since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
>the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family members
>minutes later!!
>
>Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!

Yes it is, and they're both good eating too. Ever tried either? Theyre
really good!. Haggis is just like a really juicy sausage.

I love a breakfast of a whole black pudding split lengthways, lightly
grilled (no more than warmed through really) served under a soft fried
egg and toast. That's SO luxurious it's only ever a Sunday morning
meal to be lingered over and savoured.
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:27:05 AM

<TOUGH TITTIES I GOT SICK OF FAKE EMAIL ADDRESSES SO I SNIPPED! HA!>
> I'll try it again sometime. At the moment, I have a lot of other
> gameplay going on. And definitely anticipating Legend and also
> Oblivion.

Yes yes! ES4 Oblivion looks very intriguing....exciting stuff, eh?
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:27:06 AM

> <TOUGH TITTIES I GOT SICK OF FAKE EMAIL ADDRESSES SO I SNIPPED! HA!>
>> I'll try it again sometime. At the moment, I have a lot of other
>> gameplay going on. And definitely anticipating Legend and also
>> Oblivion.
>>

> Yes yes! ES4 Oblivion looks very intriguing....exciting stuff, eh?

Yep! Hey, and I still haven't finished exploring every inch of
Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon yet either! And I still enjoy watching
the sunset in Morrowind, sitting on some rocks overlooking the ocean,
beautiful!
McG.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:29:20 AM

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
<SNIP>
> Claudia Black is a low-grade Aussie actor? C'mon, where YOU been?! Even
> getting torn in two she looked great! :)

Where I been? Where I been?! In Australia!!!
lol
Yeah but, what I mean is when she was in Farscape and Channel 'Nein' kept
putting that show on extremely late because, well, they're an Australian FTA
channel whadya expect!

> The game Riddick: EFBB has a lot of the backstory to Pitch Black. I'm
> kinda collecting what's becoming the "Riddick Saga". Looks like I'll be
> a while at this game.
> Riddick is an anti-hero that's kinda easy to identify with. At the end
> of the movie, Chronicles of Riddick, he is now the new Lord Marshall.
> Come on sequel!
> McG.

Yawn to sequel!! Yawn! If it's as bad as Chron....*shudders*.

Meanwhile, well, ok, when I'm next in EB (and I've got some spare moolah)
I'll have a scrounge around for a cheapo second hand copy...ok?
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:29:21 AM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

>"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
><SNIP>
>> Claudia Black is a low-grade Aussie actor? C'mon, where YOU been?! Even
>> getting torn in two she looked great! :)
>>

>Where I been? Where I been?! In Australia!!!
>lol
>Yeah but, what I mean is when she was in Farscape and Channel 'Nein' kept
>putting that show on extremely late because, well, they're an Australian FTA
>channel whadya expect!

And Kerry Packer, the owner of the channel is known NOT to like any
form of science fiction.

The series only got made because a senior executive (now no longer
with the network and I believe picking up papers somewhere along the
Gunbarrel Highway for a living) gave the go-ahead to make the series
without getting prior approval (i.e NO!!) from KP.

Any other SF on that channel runs from about 11:00pm to 4:00am and
there's not much of that, either.

>> The game Riddick: EFBB has a lot of the backstory to Pitch Black. I'm
>> kinda collecting what's becoming the "Riddick Saga". Looks like I'll be
>> a while at this game.
>> Riddick is an anti-hero that's kinda easy to identify with. At the end
>> of the movie, Chronicles of Riddick, he is now the new Lord Marshall.
>> Come on sequel!
>> McG.
>>

>Yawn to sequel!! Yawn! If it's as bad as Chron....*shudders*.
>
>Meanwhile, well, ok, when I'm next in EB (and I've got some spare moolah)
>I'll have a scrounge around for a cheapo second hand copy...ok?

..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:29:35 AM

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:D Gnje.107114$h6.81268@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> snip!

> >> I love Rabbit Pot Pie!!! Baked in a full size casserole! :)
> >> McG.
> >>

> > You are an evil, evil person.
>
> I am NOT! Just hungry! :)
> McG.

EVIL! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!!!
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:29:36 AM

>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:D Gnje.107114$h6.81268@tornado.texas.rr.com...

>>> You are an evil, evil person.
>>
>> I am NOT! Just hungry! :)
>> McG.
>>

> EVIL! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL!!!

Ok, I settled it. I have just had 1 Steak n Cheese BAGLE and an Egg
McMuffin at Mickey D's, and have eaten NO bunnies today :(
McG.
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 12:35:09 PM

Wijja wrote:

> McGrandpa wrote:
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >>Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> >>smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
> >>
> >>Blech. Eating bunnies.
> >>
> >>My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> >>'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> >>since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> >>the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
> >>members minutes later!!
> >>
> >>Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
> >

> > Do you not eat meat?
> >

> Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
> or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
> That just sounds nasty.
>
> I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
> reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork and
> chicken for my staples, thanks.

Why is it OK to eat a chicken or a pig but not a rabbit?

-- G
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 4:53:00 AM

"Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > <SNIP>

> >>Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
> >>Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
> >>heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
> >>bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
> >>I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
> >>
> >> ;)
> >>
> >> -- G
> >

> > *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
> >
> > As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
> > Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!
> >

> Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>
> Blech. Eating bunnies.
>
> My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family members
> minutes later!!
>
> Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!

I will never understand black pudding.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 4:54:51 AM

> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > McGrandpa wrote:
> >> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Do you not eat meat?
> >>

> > Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
> > or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
> > That just sounds nasty.
> >
> > I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
> > reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork
> > and chicken for my staples, thanks.
>
> I understand. Chicken and fish are my fave staples. And lots of
> veggies. I've learned equine flesh is consumed in many places outside
> the US. I feel that's a real tragedy. Horses. They're a simpler folk
> than us, but to us around here, they are a folk. They work for us, they
> earn their keep, we often bond with them as with a dog. And I for one
> will not eat their flesh. So I understand how you feel.
> McG.

How about this:

Emu and Kangaroo.

I simply cannot understand how any Australian could eat either of these
animals...I mean, really....they're on our national crest of arms!!!

Those people are eating our national symbols! Now *that's* surely wrong!
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 4:54:52 AM

>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like
>>> cats or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat.
>>> YUCK! That just sounds nasty.
>>>
>>> I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
>>> reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork
>>> and chicken for my staples, thanks.
>>
>> I understand. Chicken and fish are my fave staples. And lots of
>> veggies. I've learned equine flesh is consumed in many places
>> outside the US. I feel that's a real tragedy. Horses. They're a
>> simpler folk than us, but to us around here, they are a folk. They
>> work for us, they earn their keep, we often bond with them as with a
>> dog. And I for one will not eat their flesh. So I understand how
>> you feel.
>> McG.
>>

> How about this:
>
> Emu and Kangaroo.
>
> I simply cannot understand how any Australian could eat either of
> these animals...I mean, really....they're on our national crest of
> arms!!!
>
> Those people are eating our national symbols! Now *that's* surely
> wrong!

Roos no, they're another folk. Emus are an omniverous foul, and
oversize chicken. Not so bright? Eating the national symbols :)  LOL!
McG.
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 4:54:52 AM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

>> > Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
>> > or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
>> > That just sounds nasty.
>> >
>> > I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
>> > reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork
>> > and chicken for my staples, thanks.
>>
>> I understand. Chicken and fish are my fave staples. And lots of
>> veggies. I've learned equine flesh is consumed in many places outside
>> the US. I feel that's a real tragedy. Horses. They're a simpler folk
>> than us, but to us around here, they are a folk. They work for us, they
>> earn their keep, we often bond with them as with a dog. And I for one
>> will not eat their flesh. So I understand how you feel.
>> McG.
>>

>How about this:
>
>Emu and Kangaroo.
>
>I simply cannot understand how any Australian could eat either of these
>animals...I mean, really....they're on our national crest of arms!!!
>
>Those people are eating our national symbols! Now *that's* surely wrong!

While I've never tried either (and only because they're so damn
expensive and you need to go to an up-market restaurant to get a meal
of them) I'd rather see them become the national meat supply (along
with crocodile) instead of sheep, cattle, goats and pig, all of which
are introduced species whose hard hooves and eating style (rip the
roots of hebiage right out of the ground) destroys the country.

National symbols are only that ... symbols. There's nothing wrong with
eating them as far as I can see.

But I think we're drifting off-topic.
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 4:59:46 AM

> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned
>

> >"McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> ><SNIP>
> >> Claudia Black is a low-grade Aussie actor? C'mon, where YOU been?!
Even
> >> getting torn in two she looked great! :)
> >>

> >Where I been? Where I been?! In Australia!!!
> >lol
> >Yeah but, what I mean is when she was in Farscape and Channel 'Nein' kept
> >putting that show on extremely late because, well, they're an Australian
FTA
> >channel whadya expect!
> >
> And Kerry Packer, the owner of the channel is known NOT to like any
> form of science fiction.

Huh. Really?! That explains so much!

> The series only got made because a senior executive (now no longer
> with the network and I believe picking up papers somewhere along the
> Gunbarrel Highway for a living) gave the go-ahead to make the series
> without getting prior approval (i.e NO!!) from KP.
>
> Any other SF on that channel runs from about 11:00pm to 4:00am and
> there's not much of that, either.
>

> >> The game Riddick: EFBB has a lot of the backstory to Pitch Black. I'm
> >> kinda collecting what's becoming the "Riddick Saga". Looks like I'll
be
> >> a while at this game.
> >> Riddick is an anti-hero that's kinda easy to identify with. At the end
> >> of the movie, Chronicles of Riddick, he is now the new Lord Marshall.
> >> Come on sequel!
> >> McG.
> >>

> >Yawn to sequel!! Yawn! If it's as bad as Chron....*shudders*.
> >
> >Meanwhile, well, ok, when I'm next in EB (and I've got some spare moolah)
> >I'll have a scrounge around for a cheapo second hand copy...ok?
> >

> .
> .
> "When in danger or in doubt,
> Run in circles, scream and shout"
> .
> It's not just a management tool,
> It's a philosophy for living!!
> .
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 5:00:54 AM

> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, McGrandpa mentioned
>
> >"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
> >> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> >> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned
> >>
> >> (Megasnippage)

> >> Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
> >> afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!
> >
> >That was jackrabbits you wuz dreaming of, I can smell em all the way
> >over here! ;)
> >McG.
> >

> I don't think we have the equivalent of your jackrabbits over here in
> Oz.
>
> All rabbits (and hares) are descendants of less than twenty pairs
> introduced in the early 19th Century to provide "sport" for the bloody
> squatters and are vermin all over Australia.
>
> We have conducted warfare against the little bastards ever since,
> military, chemical and biological. They make good hats, though (all
> those famous Aussie soldiers slouch hats are rabbit fur and it takes
> about twenty pair to make one hat {HOORAY!}) and our other great
> export hat, the "Akubra" is also rabbit felt. That's our emotional
> equivalent to the US Stetson. More Akubras, fewer bloody rabbits.
>
> One of these days, we'll corner the last of the little f***ers and
> slaughter it and then we shall stop wearing hats.
>
> In the meantime, I have LOTS and lots and lots and lots of recipes for
> bunnies and parts of bunnies and interesting things to do with skins
> of bunnies.

lol....Australian Science - pioneering anti-rabbit Warfare research.

> .
> .
> "When in danger or in doubt,
> Run in circles, scream and shout"
> .
> It's not just a management tool,
> It's a philosophy for living!!
> .
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 5:01:31 AM

> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Wijja mentioned
>
> >Dragoncarer wrote:
> >> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> >> <SNIP>

> >> *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
> >>
> >> As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
> >> Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little
rabbits!!!

> >Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> >smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
> >
> >Blech. Eating bunnies.
> >
> >My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> >'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> >since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> >the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family members
> >minutes later!!
> >
> >Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
>
> Yes it is, and they're both good eating too. Ever tried either? Theyre
> really good!. Haggis is just like a really juicy sausage.
>
> I love a breakfast of a whole black pudding split lengthways, lightly
> grilled (no more than warmed through really) served under a soft fried
> egg and toast. That's SO luxurious it's only ever a Sunday morning
> meal to be lingered over and savoured.
> .

*BUCKET! WHERE'S MY BUCKET!!!*

> .
> "When in danger or in doubt,
> Run in circles, scream and shout"
> .
> It's not just a management tool,
> It's a philosophy for living!!
> .
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 10:55:31 AM

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > > "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

> > > <SNIP>

> > > *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
> > >
> > > As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
> > > Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!
> > >

> > Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> > smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
> >
> > Blech. Eating bunnies.
> >
> > My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> > 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> > since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> > the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family members
> > minutes later!!
> >
> > Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
>
> I will never understand black pudding.

They must be Klingons. Klingons go for stuff like that. ;)

-- G
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:24:17 PM

> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

> >> I understand. Chicken and fish are my fave staples. And lots of
> >> veggies. I've learned equine flesh is consumed in many places outside
> >> the US. I feel that's a real tragedy. Horses. They're a simpler
folk
> >> than us, but to us around here, they are a folk. They work for us,
they
> >> earn their keep, we often bond with them as with a dog. And I for one
> >> will not eat their flesh. So I understand how you feel.
> >> McG.
> >>

> >How about this:
> >
> >Emu and Kangaroo.
> >
> >I simply cannot understand how any Australian could eat either of these
> >animals...I mean, really....they're on our national crest of arms!!!
> >
> >Those people are eating our national symbols! Now *that's* surely wrong!
> >

> While I've never tried either (and only because they're so damn
> expensive and you need to go to an up-market restaurant to get a meal
> of them) I'd rather see them become the national meat supply (along
> with crocodile) instead of sheep, cattle, goats and pig, all of which
> are introduced species whose hard hooves and eating style (rip the
> roots of hebiage right out of the ground) destroys the country.
>
> National symbols are only that ... symbols. There's nothing wrong with
> eating them as far as I can see.
>
> But I think we're drifting off-topic.

Oooooo contraversial. No...I dunno.
My problem with Kanga and Emu is if it's not farmed. I won't eat meat that's
not farmed. I find it...wrong. Thus, I won't eat (most) fish. No thanks.

There might be nothing wrong with eating our symbols in any real
philosophical sense, but you have to admit it's kinda wacky/ funny!
..
> .
> "When in danger or in doubt,
> Run in circles, scream and shout"
> .
> It's not just a management tool,
> It's a philosophy for living!!
> .
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:24:18 PM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dragoncarer was heard, at
about 05/23/2005 05:24 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> "Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
>
>>While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
>>world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

> cats

> folk

> they

>>>How about this:
>>>
>>>Emu and Kangaroo.
>>>
>>>I simply cannot understand how any Australian could eat either of these
>>>animals...I mean, really....they're on our national crest of arms!!!
>>>
>>>Those people are eating our national symbols! Now *that's* surely wrong!
>>>

>>While I've never tried either (and only because they're so damn
>>expensive and you need to go to an up-market restaurant to get a meal
>>of them) I'd rather see them become the national meat supply (along
>>with crocodile) instead of sheep, cattle, goats and pig, all of which
>>are introduced species whose hard hooves and eating style (rip the
>>roots of hebiage right out of the ground) destroys the country.
>>
>>National symbols are only that ... symbols. There's nothing wrong with
>>eating them as far as I can see.
>>
>>But I think we're drifting off-topic.
>>

> Oooooo contraversial. No...I dunno.
> My problem with Kanga and Emu is if it's not farmed. I won't eat meat that's
> not farmed. I find it...wrong. Thus, I won't eat (most) fish. No thanks.

Huh. Most fish *are* farm raised. At least here in the US. Not a lot
of people know that. I guess we Americans, as a lot, like to eat "wild"
things. Our heritage I guess, or maybe just part of our "grand delusion" :)

The US has huge coastline (easier water management) excavated fish
"tanks" where several kinds of whitefish, shrimp, crabs, clams, mussels,
etc. get bred and raised.

They have their drawbacks since if there is an infection of some sort,
the whole tank gets it almost immediately, especially with the mollusks.
Whereas, "free range" seafood is less susceptible to this. Though, I
have not heard of a problem like this in a long time, so maybe they've
got it down to a science now.

We also have other kinds of "farms" where the open bays get seeded and
harvested, but the nutrition and environment is largely "wild".

Mind you, there is still a lot of "direct" harvesting, especially in the
Gulf, since the farms can't produce enough. But the farms are generally
much more cost effective, so I imagine they will eventually take over.

> There might be nothing wrong with eating our symbols in any real
> philosophical sense, but you have to admit it's kinda wacky/ funny!
> .
>
>>.
>>"When in danger or in doubt,
>>Run in circles, scream and shout"
>>.
>>It's not just a management tool,
>>It's a philosophy for living!!
>>.

Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:07:22 AM

> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

I've

Ice

> > > Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> > > smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
> > >
> > > Blech. Eating bunnies.
> > >
> > > My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> > > 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> > > since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> > > the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
members
> > > minutes later!!
> > >
> > > Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
> >
> > I will never understand black pudding.
>
> They must be Klingons. Klingons go for stuff like that. ;)
>
> -- G

ahem. *puts on nerdy glasses, retrieves pocket calculator for top pocket,
affects nerdy voice and raises nerdy pointing finger of demonstration*
Klingons eat Blood *pie*, not pudding. That's *pie*.

*removes all nerdiness and proceeds to kick said nerdiness out the door*
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 12:07:23 AM

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

>> > I will never understand black pudding.
>>
>> They must be Klingons. Klingons go for stuff like that. ;)
>>
>> -- G
>
>ahem. *puts on nerdy glasses, retrieves pocket calculator for top pocket,
>affects nerdy voice and raises nerdy pointing finger of demonstration*
>Klingons eat Blood *pie*, not pudding. That's *pie*.
>
>*removes all nerdiness and proceeds to kick said nerdiness out the door*

That's why I stick to gakh, blood pie doesn't wriggle and they never
get the crust to clot just right.

Seriously though folks, I feel it's disrespectful to the death of the
animal if we don't eat or otherwise use all its been sacrificed for.

Insisting on just eating the muscle meat (steak, chops) and refusing
to eat the parts that actually contain more complex proteins, the
glands and brains and other organ meats, is just plain wasteful and
signals a person or society that a) isn't hungry enough and/or b) has
lost its connection with the world of nature of which we are part.

I've had friend's kids visit and refuse to eat fresh ripe strawberries
out of my patch saying "Eeeeew! that grew in the ground!" well YES.
Eventually everything *does*, you know.
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 3:50:35 AM

> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Dragoncarer mentioned

>>> They must be Klingons. Klingons go for stuff like that. ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>
>> ahem. *puts on nerdy glasses, retrieves pocket calculator for top
>> pocket, affects nerdy voice and raises nerdy pointing finger of
>> demonstration* Klingons eat Blood *pie*, not pudding. That's *pie*.
>>
>> *removes all nerdiness and proceeds to kick said nerdiness out the
>> door*
>>
> That's why I stick to gakh, blood pie doesn't wriggle and they never
> get the crust to clot just right.
>
> Seriously though folks, I feel it's disrespectful to the death of the
> animal if we don't eat or otherwise use all its been sacrificed for.
>
> Insisting on just eating the muscle meat (steak, chops) and refusing
> to eat the parts that actually contain more complex proteins, the
> glands and brains and other organ meats, is just plain wasteful and
> signals a person or society that a) isn't hungry enough and/or b) has
> lost its connection with the world of nature of which we are part.
>
> I've had friend's kids visit and refuse to eat fresh ripe strawberries
> out of my patch saying "Eeeeew! that grew in the ground!" well YES.
> Eventually everything *does*, you know.

Good one :)
McG.

!