2nd trailer

Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching the
new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but there
was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer ;0)

Lisa aka Pagemaster

dani

It's awesome!!!

Anybody have any problems downloading the fan site?

What does it do?

Lisa Smith wrote:
> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching the
> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but there
> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer ;0)
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

GOTTA pop outta the shadows long enough to say that the new trailer
looks like a blast! I wonder if they took a page from PoP in the
fighting style? judging by the way she rebounded off that rockface I'd
say they did.

I didn't like PoP:WW right away, but once I picked up the key combo's
and created a fighting style......I haven't played a better game! I
*really* hope they did nab a few of those ideas!

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

The fan site is just a load of graphics, sounds, fonts etc. that are from
the TR site etc. so fan sites are easier to construct on the graphics side.

Kieran

"Dani" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> It's awesome!!!
>
> Anybody have any problems downloading the fan site?
>
> What does it do?
>
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
>> the
>> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
>> there
>> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
>> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
>> ;0)
>>
>> Lisa aka Pagemaster

Kieran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2002

"Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
> the
> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
> there
> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
> ;0)
>
> Lisa aka Pagemaster

It does look pretty good I must say, however the music I was not so much a
fan of - I prefer the more ambient style of previous games where the
graphics and in-game experience made the somewhat basic but none the less
effective music come alive. The background music on the TR site is a good
example of this.

Puzzle wise, I saw more shooting than I did puzzle solving, but yes, I see
what you mean; sort of like a 3 cog setup with different ordering etc.
almost reminded me of a similar puzzle near the beginning of TR1 with cogs
all having to fit together to divert the water.

Did anyone else notice that neat move as she was traversing around a pillar?
Vaulting upwards from hanging on a ledge to finish hanging on the ledge
above? That is a fab additional move; previously you could drop down cracks
but never get back up unless there was a ladder next to them.

Kieran

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills
>> watching the
>> new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
>> there
>> was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on
>> some kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in
>> the trailer ;0)
>>
>> Lisa aka Pagemaster
>>

> It does look pretty good I must say, however the music I was not so
> much a fan of - I prefer the more ambient style of previous games
> where the graphics and in-game experience made the somewhat basic but
> none the less effective music come alive. The background music on the
> TR site is a good example of this.
>
> Puzzle wise, I saw more shooting than I did puzzle solving, but yes,
> I see what you mean; sort of like a 3 cog setup with different
> ordering etc. almost reminded me of a similar puzzle near the
> beginning of TR1 with cogs all having to fit together to divert the
> water.
> Did anyone else notice that neat move as she was traversing around a
> pillar? Vaulting upwards from hanging on a ledge to finish hanging on
> the ledge above? That is a fab additional move; previously you could
> drop down cracks but never get back up unless there was a ladder next
> to them.
> Kieran

I saw that! There were some other climbing and shimmy around moves
shown too, but that one was tops. Whoa man, she's BAD! I notice also
she's fond of swinging round horizontal poles, like a gymnast on the
uneven bars. No less than three shots of that one in this trailer. I
too think they seem to be focusing more on the action than the exploring
aspect. At least in the trailers. So they could have shown her making
a full classic signature Swan Dive. The animations look good, but the
model itself.... I sure hope the game has scalable Level Of Detail (LOD
henceforth) and we are viewing game demo-ing from unoptimised unpolished
engine and level and models :eek:\ Lara is looking particularly LOW poly
in this. And I mean on the order of Unreal Tournament grade models.
McG.

"Kieran" <kieran.jazzNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Lisa Smith" <pagemstr@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
> > the
> > new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
> > there
> > was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> > kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
> > ;0)
> >
> > Lisa aka Pagemaster
> >

> It does look pretty good I must say, however the music I was not so much a
> fan of - I prefer the more ambient style of previous games where the
> graphics and in-game experience made the somewhat basic but none the less
> effective music come alive. The background music on the TR site is a good
> example of this.
>
> Puzzle wise, I saw more shooting than I did puzzle solving, but yes, I see
> what you mean; sort of like a 3 cog setup with different ordering etc.
> almost reminded me of a similar puzzle near the beginning of TR1 with cogs
> all having to fit together to divert the water.
>
> Did anyone else notice that neat move as she was traversing around a
pillar?
> Vaulting upwards from hanging on a ledge to finish hanging on the ledge
> above? That is a fab additional move; previously you could drop down
cracks
> but never get back up unless there was a ladder next to them.
>
> Kieran

I don't think the music in the trailer will actually be used in the game.
The trailer really seemed to be cut like a movie trailer, hence the crazy
music and the rocket launcher........;0)

Lisa aka Pagemaster

"Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Lisa Smith wrote:
> > Ok, Maybe I'm pathetic and have no life. But I just got chills watching
the
> > new trailer. Obviously they showed all the blowing up bits again, but
there
> > was a little shot towards the end of what looks like LC working on some
> > kinda neat door puzzle. And as an aside, I like the music in the trailer
;0)

> > Lisa aka Pagemaster
> >

> GOTTA pop outta the shadows long enough to say that the new trailer
> looks like a blast! I wonder if they took a page from PoP in the
> fighting style? judging by the way she rebounded off that rockface I'd
> say they did.
>
> I didn't like PoP:WW right away, but once I picked up the key combo's
> and created a fighting style......I haven't played a better game! I
> *really* hope they did nab a few of those ideas!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I couldn't stand those games. The repitition was...not good. At all. I'm not
going into it, but I will be frustrated and I'm sure many others will be if
they go anyway near that engine!

grrrr!

> Dragoncarer wrote:
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>

> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take anything
> personal,' still stands, ok?
>
> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst games
> I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult about
> that game at all?
>
> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is between
> our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good to survive
> PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though the game I
> could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and the other half
> I could experiment with before there got to be too many.
>
> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so different in
> TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really has no defence
> against a horde of baddies who never miss.

<SNIP>

> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>
> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!

Yeah but.
Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of its story
and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked Oni and why I
like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd rather it be a cakewalk
and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be interesting and complex.
FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good stories -
like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to play them
for the storyline.
I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.

So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied lot!

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dragoncarer was heard, at
about 05/19/2005 07:28 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> <SNIP>
>
>>Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>>pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>>Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>

> Yeah but.
> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of its story
> and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked Oni and why I
> like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd rather it be a cakewalk
> and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be interesting and complex.
> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good stories -
> like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to play them
> for the storyline.
> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>
> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied lot!

Then I whole-heartedly suggest NOLF (No One Lives Forever) ... and, yes,
I know it is *old* by today's standards! If you want better graphics
you can get NOLF2, but if you ask me, NOLF is a better game.

Yes, its an FPS, but its a *strategy* game. You go in whole-hog,
shooting everything you see, and you'll either be dead in minutes or
you'll be disqualified from some (stealth) levels.

It's very linear, but its definitely built around a solid storyline (FOX
produced it). And, quite frankly, the whole game is *hoot*. Its
premised on a very '60s spy theme ... or more accurately, a '60s spy
*movie* theme.

If you take your time and move cautiously, you are rewarded by
overhearing the strangest conversations out of the "bad" guys. Some of
it so entertaining, you almost regret having to kill them.

Sample Dialog ...

"It's not easy being a criminal, you know?"

"Its so hard to put things on colored walls."

"I wish I could get a promotion, so I could feel special."

"Excuse me, but could I borrow your parachute?"

Criminal 1: "You're an idiot! Who hired you?"
Criminal 2: "Uh, you did sir."

Sample Weapons:

Exploding lipstick
Briefcase rocket launcher
Sleeping Gas perfume

Sample Equipment:

Coin
"zip" cord belt buckle
dead body dissolver

I'm sure you could pick it up on the cheap ...

advert over.

---
PW

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dragoncarer wrote:
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> <SNIP>
>>>

>> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
>> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
>>
>> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
>> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
>> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
>> about that game at all?
>>
>> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
>> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
>> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
>> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
>> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
>> many.
>>
>> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
>> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
>> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
>> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
>> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
>> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
>>
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Yeah but.
> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> interesting and complex.
> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> play them for the storyline.
> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>
> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> lot!

That's interesting. I bought Homeworld because of the music in the demo
on the Half-Life cd it installed. I tried the demo, found that a
competitive space combat strategy game actually has an interesting
STORY. I still don't know the full story though, I didn't find any
cheats to let me just see all the fmv's :( Gave it to my son. Sigh.
McG.

"Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dragoncarer wrote:
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> <SNIP>
>>>

>> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
>> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
>>
>> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
>> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
>> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
>> about that game at all?
>>
>> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
>> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
>> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
>> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
>> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
>> many.
>>
>> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
>> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
>> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
>> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
>> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
>> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
>>
> <SNIP>
>>
>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Yeah but.
> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> interesting and complex.
> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> play them for the storyline.
> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>
> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> lot!

Ok, have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
yet? Now there's a story :) I bought this game JUST to get more
filler for the "Saga of Riddick" as I fondly refer to the whole
'Riddick' shebang :)
McG.

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Wijja wrote:
>>
>> Dragoncarer wrote

snip!

>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with
> barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor
> of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>
> ;)
>
> -- G

I love Rabbit Pot Pie!!! Baked in a full size casserole! :)
McG.

While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned

(Megasnippage)

>> Great.....now I wanna play WW again!! Haven't finished T2X, yet.
>>
>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>
>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
>Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
>Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
>heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
>bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
>I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>
> ;)
>
> -- G

Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!
..
..
"When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles, scream and shout"
..
It's not just a management tool,
It's a philosophy for living!!
..

"Miowarra Tomokatu" <not@thistime.net> wrote in message
> While taking a short break from the daily grind of enslavement and
> world domination, Gary Mitchell mentioned
>
> (Megasnippage)
>
>>> Great.....now I wanna play WW again!! Haven't finished T2X, yet.
>>>
>>> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just
>>> no pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>>
>>> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>>
>> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
>> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
>> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about
>> with barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular
>> flavor of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with
>> bunnies.
>>
>> ;)
>>
>> -- G
>
> Smoked bunny sushi with lemon mocha sorbet to cleanse the palate
> afterwards. Mmmmm......bunnies!

That was jackrabbits you wuz dreaming of, I can smell em all the way
over here! ;)
McG.

"Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
> In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Dragoncarer was heard, at
> about 05/19/2005 07:28 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
> <snip>
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >
> >>Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >>pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >>Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!

<SNIPP SNIP SNIPITY SNIP>

> Then I whole-heartedly suggest NOLF (No One Lives Forever) ... and, yes,
> I know it is *old* by today's standards! If you want better graphics
> you can get NOLF2, but if you ask me, NOLF is a better game.
>
> Yes, its an FPS, but its a *strategy* game. You go in whole-hog,
> shooting everything you see, and you'll either be dead in minutes or
> you'll be disqualified from some (stealth) levels.

<EXTRA INTENSIVE SNIPPING ACTION>

> I'm sure you could pick it up on the cheap ...
>
> advert over.
>
> ---
> PW

ok ok! I actually remember hearing about and being sort of interested in
this game back when it came out...I think a lot of TR people were playing it
as well or something.

But after your little spiel, I'm gonna have to give it a try!

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Wijja wrote:
> >
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

<SNIP>

> > Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> > pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >
> > Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>
> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
> Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
> heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
> bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
> I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>
> ;)
>
> -- G

*sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!

As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!

Dragoncarer wrote:
> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>
>>Wijja wrote:

> <SNIP>
>
>>>Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
>>>pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
>>>
>>>Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
>>
>>Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice cream.
>>Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped nuts I've
>>heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about with barbecued
>>bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular flavor of ice cream?
>>I have to ask... no idea which goes best with bunnies.
>>
>> ;)
>>
>> -- G
>

> *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>
> As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating Ice
> Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little rabbits!!!

Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.

Blech. Eating bunnies.

My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family members
minutes later!!

Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!

> Dragoncarer wrote:
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>> <SNIP>

>>> Alright you guys... Tell me, how good is that? Bunnies and ice
>>> cream. Ice cream with chocolate syrup or candy sprinkles or chopped
>>> nuts I've heard of, but with bunnies? Cooked or raw? How about
>>> with barbecued bunnies, that might not be too bad. Any particular
>>> flavor of ice cream? I have to ask... no idea which goes best with
>>> bunnies. ;)
>>>
>>> -- G
>>

>> *sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>>
>> As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating
>> Ice Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little
>> rabbits!!!
>
> Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
> smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>
> Blech. Eating bunnies.
>
> My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
> 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
> since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
> the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
> members minutes later!!
>
> Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!

Do you not eat meat?

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Dragoncarer wrote:
>>
>>>"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>><SNIP>

>>>*sigh* Bunnies and Ice Cream SEPERATELY!!!
>>>
>>>As in, Thumper from Bambi (Not from _A House Of Leaves_) and eating
>>>Ice Cream while at the petting zoo looking at all the cute little
>>>rabbits!!!
>>
>>Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
>>smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>>
>>Blech. Eating bunnies.
>>
>>My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
>>'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
>>since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing with
>>the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
>>members minutes later!!
>>
>>Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black pudding!
>

> Do you not eat meat?

Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
That just sounds nasty.

I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork and
chicken for my staples, thanks.

> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Heh.......yeah, I was thinking along the lines of bunnies, sunshine,
>>> smiles WHILE EATING ice cream.
>>>
>>> Blech. Eating bunnies.
>>>
>>> My fourth grade teacher had our year end at his house and served
>>> 'chicken.' I still think that was a cruel, cruel trick! Especially
>>> since all the kids were at the rabbit hutch laughing and playing
>>> with the bunnies.......only to go and snack on their abducted family
>>> members minutes later!!
>>>
>>> Eating bunnies. That's right up there with haggas and black
>>> pudding!
>>

>> Do you not eat meat?
>>

> Yeah, but bunnies don't constitute meat in my opinion. It's like cats
> or dogs......somewhere, someone is serving up a plate of cat. YUCK!
> That just sounds nasty.
>
> I've eaten snake, tarantula, even roasted insects.....but for some
> reason bunnies just don't equal food. I'll stick with buffalo, pork
> and chicken for my staples, thanks.

I understand. Chicken and fish are my fave staples. And lots of
veggies. I've learned equine flesh is consumed in many places outside
the US. I feel that's a real tragedy. Horses. They're a simpler folk
than us, but to us around here, they are a folk. They work for us, they
earn their keep, we often bond with them as with a dog. And I for one
will not eat their flesh. So I understand how you feel.
McG.

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > <SNIP>
> >>>

> >> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
> >> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
> >>
> >> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
> >> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
> >> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
> >> about that game at all?
> >>
> >> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
> >> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
> >> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
> >> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
> >> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
> >> many.
> >>
> >> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
> >> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
> >> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
> >> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
> >> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
> >> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
> >>
> > <SNIP>
> >>
> >> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
> >
> > Yeah but.
> > Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> > its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> > Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> > rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> > interesting and complex.
> > FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> > stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> > And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> > play them for the storyline.
> > I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
> >
> > So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> > lot!
>
> That's interesting. I bought Homeworld because of the music in the demo
> on the Half-Life cd it installed. I tried the demo, found that a
> competitive space combat strategy game actually has an interesting
> STORY. I still don't know the full story though, I didn't find any
> cheats to let me just see all the fmv's :( Gave it to my son. Sigh.
> McG.

My bro fell in love with that game, and its sequel.

Are you sure about the FMVs? From memory it uses Bink video (the same as the
original TRs) so I would assume the FMVs would also be directly
available...strange. How very very strange.

What about finding a 'beat level' cheat, so you can just skip through all
the gameplay?

>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> <SNIP>

>>> <SNIP>

>>> Yeah but.
>>> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
>>> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
>>> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
>>> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to
>>> be interesting and complex.
>>> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
>>> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
>>> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
>>> play them for the storyline.
>>> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>>>
>>> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
>>> lot!
>>
>> That's interesting. I bought Homeworld because of the music in the
>> demo on the Half-Life cd it installed. I tried the demo, found that
>> a competitive space combat strategy game actually has an interesting
>> STORY. I still don't know the full story though, I didn't find any
>> cheats to let me just see all the fmv's :( Gave it to my son.
>> Sigh. McG.
>>

> My bro fell in love with that game, and its sequel.
>
> Are you sure about the FMVs? From memory it uses Bink video (the same
> as the original TRs) so I would assume the FMVs would also be directly
> available...strange. How very very strange.
>
> What about finding a 'beat level' cheat, so you can just skip through
> all the gameplay?

I'll try it again sometime. At the moment, I have a lot of other
gameplay going on. And definitely anticipating Legend and also
Oblivion.

> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
> > "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > <SNIP>
> >>>

> >> Bunnies and ice cream will have to wait...and the 'don't take
> >> anything personal,' still stands, ok?
> >>
> >> You LIKED Oni!?!? Oh boy......I thought that was one of the worst
> >> games I had ever played!! The repetetive rooms/baddies, the lack of
> >> imagination when it came to goals...was there anything difficult
> >> about that game at all?
> >>
> >> But by mentioning that game, you've shown me how big the gap is
> >> between our playing styles. I much prefer that you HAD to be good
> >> to survive PoP (both SoT and WW). By the time I was halfway though
> >> the game I could take out half the baddies in only a few moves, and
> >> the other half I could experiment with before there got to be too
> >> many.
> >>
> >> The fact that you had to thin out the baddies enough to snag a bit of
> >> water and raise your health level was just a plus for me. I like a
> >> challenge!! Whereas in, say, TR, you can use a med pack whenever you
> >> want no matter what's going on. But the combat style is so
> >> different in TR I can see why they'd need to do that. Lara really
> >> has no defence against a horde of baddies who never miss.
> >>
> > <SNIP>
> >>
> >> Regardless....I wouldn't want to be a game designer. There's just no
> >> pleasing us! We're a miserable lot.
> >>
> >> Ok......bunnies and ice cream it is!
> >
> > Yeah but.
> > Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
> > its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
> > Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
> > rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to be
> > interesting and complex.
> > FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
> > stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
> > And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
> > play them for the storyline.
> > I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
> >
> > So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
> > lot!
>
> Ok, have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
> yet? Now there's a story :) I bought this game JUST to get more
> filler for the "Saga of Riddick" as I fondly refer to the whole
> 'Riddick' shebang :)
> McG.

Ugh no...I don't think I could stand the FPS part of it.
I'm happy with the Anime and the Movies.
In fact, I much preferred it when Pitch Black was just a little-known niche
movie that gave me a warm glow because a) Vin Diesel is, well...he's just
hot and b) it was made in Australia with all these low-grade Aussie
actors...teehee.

>> "Dragoncarer" <woops@no.sorry> wrote in message
>>> "Wijja" <wijjawill@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> <SNIP>

>>> <SNIP>

>>> Yeah but.
>>> Ok I'm not one for combat, though. I really like a game because of
>>> its story and characters and puzzle-ish gameplay. That's why I liked
>>> Oni and why I like TR. Sure killing naughty dudes is fun, but I'd
>>> rather it be a cakewalk and the puzzles to be hard or the story to
>>> be interesting and complex.
>>> FPSs for instance...I only play the ones that look to have good
>>> stories - like Doom3, Half-Life etc.
>>> And I'll play them with God mode enabled - because I only want to
>>> play them for the storyline.
>>> I'm looking forward to Quake 4 for the same reason.
>>>
>>> So yeah, as you said, when it comes down to us we're a very varied
>>> lot!
>>
>> Ok, have you played Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butchers Bay
>> yet? Now there's a story :) I bought this game JUST to get more
>> filler for the "Saga of Riddick" as I fondly refer to the whole
>> 'Riddick' shebang :)
>> McG.
>>

> Ugh no...I don't think I could stand the FPS part of it.
> I'm happy with the Anime and the Movies.
> In fact, I much preferred it when Pitch Black was just a little-known
> niche movie that gave me a warm glow because a) Vin Diesel is,
> well...he's just hot and b) it was made in Australia with all these
> low-grade Aussie actors...teehee.

Claudia Black is a low-grade Aussie actor? C'mon, where YOU been?! Even
getting torn in two she looked great! :)

The game Riddick: EFBB has a lot of the backstory to Pitch Black. I'm
kinda collecting what's becoming the "Riddick Saga". Looks like I'll be
a while at this game.
Riddick is an anti-hero that's kinda easy to identify with. At the end
of the movie, Chronicles of Riddick, he is now the new Lord Marshall.
Come on sequel!
McG.