User in domain / computer not

March 2, 2005 2:43:47 PM

I'm -pretty sure the answer is no but feedback from you great folks would
make me feel better.

Is it possible to login to a domain (using domain user account and
password), from an XP pro machine that is only the member of a workgroup.

The user would like to keep his laptop out of the domain but login to the
domain with his domain user account and password.

Thanks!

More about : user domain computer

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:10:52 PM

James Fabulous wrote:
> I'm -pretty sure the answer is no but feedback from you great folks would
> make me feel better.
>
> Is it possible to login to a domain (using domain user account and
> password), from an XP pro machine that is only the member of a workgroup.
>
> The user would like to keep his laptop out of the domain but login to the
> domain with his domain user account and password.
>
> Thanks!

The user won't be able to log in to the domain, per se, but he'll still
be able to access domain resources as needed, simply by entering his
username, password, and domain when prompted.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm