Wireless and wired at the same time

Lamblaster

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I was given a new laptop at my work. I had set up my old one many years ago to have the woreless hook to the Intranet and the wired port hook to a small network hooked to some machines in my plant. Now, with this new laptop, I cannot be on both. I cannot remember how I set up the old system. Any Idea's?

XP PRO sp3
Lenovo T400

As I stated in your other thread, it will only work if each represents different networks (e.g., 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x). If by chance they are the SAME networks, then Windows will only use ONE of them, the other is essentially ignored.

And is each using different networks? (e.g., 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x).

If you're not sure, go to Start->Run, type "cmd" (no quotes), and hit enter. In the command window, type "ipconfig /all > temp.txt" (no quotes) and post the file's contents here.

When you say "I cannot be on both", what does that mean exactly? Does Windows actually indicate one or the other network connection has been disconnected (as in that little network icon in the system tray w/ a red X in it)? Or does it appears connected but any attempt to access a resource just fails? Does it report an error? Does at least one connection continue to work? Is it always the same one? Or do they both fail to work?

IOW, I need more specifics in how it behaves when the problem arises.

And btw, once you have them both connected and the problem occurs, go to Start->Run, type "cmd" (no quotes), and hit enter. In the command window, type "ipconfig /all > temp.txt" (no quotes) and post the file's contents here.

hamitz

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
I think I have the same problem with Lamblaster. WAN and LAN do not work at the same time.

My OS is Windows 7 in Lenovo T400. I use Access Connections to control the 3G cards.

Whenever I connect to internet with WAN, the LAN is disconnected. When I try to configure the LAN to connect to others PCs, the internet does not access at all.
My goal is connecting to WAN and LAN at the same time, so that I can share the internet with others PC in LAN.

Can anyone help me with this? should I make the "ipconfig /all > temp.txt" and post it here?

allanmnz

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I had this problem - If I plug in the wired conenction on my HP laptop all the wireless networks disappear, unplug the wired conenction and they all come back.
There is a setting in the Bios called "LAN\WLAN switching" (or somthing like that) if you set this to disabled you can use both wired and wireless adapters in Windows 7.

TRENDING THREADS