My $640 Build (need some advice)

Hey guys here is a pic of my build that I have been working on. First off I want to know if everything is compatible. Secondly, the reason I have a 750W PSU is because I want to upgrade in the future to dual 5770 and also more memory. Is the PSU sufficient enough for that? This all come to $640 after MIR and free gift card. Thanks for the help and check it out!

16 answers Last reply
More about build need advice
  1. I don't see a "pic"
  2. dark_lord69 said:
    I don't see a "pic"

It should be there I have checked with more than one computer. I will post url link when I get back home.

Thanks for the heads up
  3. Thermaltake TR2 TRX-750M 750W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Will this ^^^^ be sufficient for this vvvvvv

Antec 900 case (already ordered and got it for $60 lol after MIR because of shell shocker)

2x XFX 5770 (currently getting 1x)

phenom X4 955 BE

up to 8GB memory (currently getting 4gb)
  4. 600W is enough for your crossfire. For gaming more than 4G of RAM doesn't help.
  5. mosox said:
    600W is enough for your crossfire. For gaming more than 4G of RAM doesn't help.

Ya, i do more than gaming. I use Photoshop, FRAPS, Vegas, 3dsmax, and I do a bit off multi-tasking while programming in C/C++/Python/Java and other sorts of web development.

Are you sure 600W is enough?? I want to be sure before I make a final decision on what PSU.

Thanks
  6. mosox said:

Ya at peak load and not even all of the items I would necessarily have is 646W. (according to that)

Thanks
  7. No, less than 400W with crossfire and 4 sticks of RAM.
  8. mosox said:
    No, less than 400W with crossfire and 4 sticks of RAM.

With the Phenom X4 955 BE? Not what your calculator said.
  9. You're doing something wrong in there. A HD5770 consumes 108W in load. Two of them, 216W. Add the 125W of the CPU and 50W for all the rest and you're under 400W. 550W-600W is fine.
  10. mosox said:
    You're doing something wrong in there. A HD5770 consumes 108W in load. Two of them, 216W. Add the 125W of the CPU and 50W for all the rest and you're under 400W. 550W-600W is fine.

Ok thanks
  11. Can someone help me find a PSU on newegg or tiger that will be sufficient and cheap. I can combo up with cd/dvd burner or Hard Drive if you find a deal.

Please help me find something at a decent price above 500W.

Thanks
  12. It says "The PSU is ready for your SLI or CrossFire configuration with 2 PCIe connections."
  13. brassmonkey1010 said:
    It says "The PSU is ready for your SLI or CrossFire configuration with 2 PCIe connections."

oic thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Compatibility Systems Product