Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My $640 Build (need some advice)

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 24, 2010 9:13:22 PM

Hey guys here is a pic of my build that I have been working on. First off I want to know if everything is compatible. Secondly, the reason I have a 750W PSU is because I want to upgrade in the future to dual 5770 and also more memory. Is the PSU sufficient enough for that? This all come to $640 after MIR and free gift card. Thanks for the help and check it out!



THANKS :bounce: 

More about : 640 build advice

June 24, 2010 9:49:03 PM

I don't see a "pic"
June 25, 2010 2:30:43 AM

dark_lord69 said:
I don't see a "pic"


It should be there I have checked with more than one computer. I will post url link when I get back home.

Thanks for the heads up
Related resources
June 27, 2010 2:32:04 PM

600W is enough for your crossfire. For gaming more than 4G of RAM doesn't help.
June 27, 2010 9:08:15 PM

mosox said:
600W is enough for your crossfire. For gaming more than 4G of RAM doesn't help.


Ya, i do more than gaming. I use Photoshop, FRAPS, Vegas, 3dsmax, and I do a bit off multi-tasking while programming in C/C++/Python/Java and other sorts of web development.

Are you sure 600W is enough?? I want to be sure before I make a final decision on what PSU.

Thanks
June 28, 2010 6:34:35 AM

No, less than 400W with crossfire and 4 sticks of RAM.
June 28, 2010 2:10:35 PM

mosox said:
No, less than 400W with crossfire and 4 sticks of RAM.


With the Phenom X4 955 BE? Not what your calculator said.
June 28, 2010 3:18:32 PM

You're doing something wrong in there. A HD5770 consumes 108W in load. Two of them, 216W. Add the 125W of the CPU and 50W for all the rest and you're under 400W. 550W-600W is fine.
June 28, 2010 5:21:37 PM

mosox said:
You're doing something wrong in there. A HD5770 consumes 108W in load. Two of them, 216W. Add the 125W of the CPU and 50W for all the rest and you're under 400W. 550W-600W is fine.


Ok thanks
June 28, 2010 7:34:35 PM

Can someone help me find a PSU on newegg or tiger that will be sufficient and cheap. I can combo up with cd/dvd burner or Hard Drive if you find a deal.

Please help me find something at a decent price above 500W.

Thanks
June 28, 2010 11:29:00 PM

It says "The PSU is ready for your SLI or CrossFire configuration with 2 PCIe connections."
June 29, 2010 12:43:32 AM

brassmonkey1010 said:
It says "The PSU is ready for your SLI or CrossFire configuration with 2 PCIe connections."


oic thanks
!