1. Does anyone have any experience with the prolimatech Armageddon and selecting fans?
2. Is the RAM over kill? I went for the best 6 gig triple channel with the lowest cas timings, am I right in saying the lower the CAS is better? Also I have read that more RAM is better then good CAS timings is this true and would I be better getting 12 gig of CAS8 or something for my money?
3. I plan on OC my i7 930 D0 chip but is the UD7 board overkill? Will a UD5 or UD3 work just aswell? I am unsure of the differences.
4. Anyone got any experience with the crucial SSD and know if this one has the updated firmwire as I have read the had issues?
4. General Opinion on the build?
I can't see the pic you posted since it wants me to register.
I do not have experience with the armaggeddon but I heard somewhere that it's pretty good.
I don't know what ram you've selected due to the picture issues. RAM won't make much of a real world difference in pc usage cas8 and frequency of 1600 should be fine. As for size being more important than speed that is false. You just need enough ram. If you use 4gb then it doesn't matter whether you have 6 or 12. Speed is well faster. The average pc user uses less than 4gb but seeing as you're looking at an i7 6gb is probably the way to go.
The ud7 isn't really overkill. Just depends on how much you want to OC.
differences: ud3r: realtively small and bad heatsinks, one LAN input
ud5: many led's for temps, volatges and a debug screen to tell you about posting issues, power and reset switch, more phase power, 2 LAN ports and I think that's about it.
ud7: Identical to the ud5 but with a built in waterblock, more accesories, even more phase power and a massive heatsink which you can attach if you so wish.
I have no experience with crucial ssd's and can't recall of anyone I know who has so sorry there.
As I stated I can't really give an opninion sice the pic doesn't work for me.
Looks very good overall although The ram really is overkill IMO. I'd go for a fast kit but not that fast because then you're really paying a lot for bassically no real difference. I'd go for the normal dominators 1600mhz cas8(I think that's the best choice of ram in the UK).
for ram sounds quite reasonable. Keep eeing this G.skills stuff around but have never heard of it before are they of comparable quality to corsair?
You mean the GSkill Ripjaws? Yes, they are the same quality as the Corsair stuff, but here in the US, it's quite a bit cheaper than the Dominators.
Also any experiences with SSDs? I know the Intel M-25 was very popular but these new SSDs boast much better read and write speeds for similar price.
It's not always about the read/write speeds. The Intel X25-M G2 is a proven SSD and AFAIK hasen't had any major firmware,etc like issues. For example, the C300 and a few OCZ drives (IIRC) have had firmware issues in the past. In either case, the C300 seems like a good buy.