babbuuus

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
my system takes nearly 20 mins to boot up and it is also very slow dat im nt evn able to play dave in it..i formatted my system 2 times but still ders no improvement..mine is a acer aspire 5741 model wid intel i3 processor..plz help :(

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
First you may want to check your system resources by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete you should be able to figure out whether your using too much resources. What OS are you using? Vista tends to be slow. It could be a few things, if you download CCleaner you should check the registry for problems, and programs running at startup. Check your fragmentation by getting Defraggler. If it's under 30% i don't think that's causing your system to slow down, but it doesn't hurt to use it. (also there should be a boot time defrag on settings)

Also how much space do you have left on your hard drive? If your installation took a very long time chances are your hard drive might be showing signs of age or wear. It could also be you have a very persistent virus. But try the above first and if it doesn't show much improvement then it could be something with the hardware.

babbuuus

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
thnx 4 d reply..:)..
i checked my system resources...my cpu usage s varies frm 1% to 25%..n my ram usage s nearly 1 n a half gb..my ram capacity s 3gb..im usin windows 7 32-bit..i hav almost 3/4th free disk space also..
if it a virus wich s causin dis problem den how can i get rid of it?

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
The best way is to start your computer in safe mode hitting F8, then choosing Safe Mode with Networking. Google, download and install Malwarebytes, it will check for malware. Google & download Avast as well. Install them one at a time, you can download them both at once if you want then just remember where it was downloaded to. Run the malwarebytes first then install and run Avast. It will tell you whether or not you got a virus. If not run CCleaner (you will wanna run CCleaner after the malware & virus check anyway for registry errors) and Defraggler.

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
Try this out http://www.hdtune.com/ check the S.M.A.R.T. info, run the error scan then try the benchmark. If you can post the benchmark results, hit Print Screen, paste on a program like paint then upload the picture to something like photobucket or facebook then post it here.

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
You got a blue screen while doing the test? Hmmm.. well it's possible your hard drive might be going bad then.. although it could still be something else.. do you remember what the test was showing? Generally 30MB/sec or more is ideal.. especially if your hard drive is SATA. What was the average speed before the crash?