Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Motherboard replacement for T2042

Last response: in Motherboards
March 24, 2011 7:09:58 AM

My eMachines T2042 had it's power supply unit go and it apparently fried the motherboard because even with a brand new power supply the power button just flashes and so does the HD LED. I have read various forums of motherboards going when the PSU goes with eMachines.

Now I am trying to replace the motherboard that was in it Imperal GVLE but I am having such slight problems.

I want to replace it with a AsRock P4VM890 manual http://download.asrock.com/manual/P4VM890.pdf

and it appears to have everything I need and I can get it at a reasonable price at 3btech.net.

The only problem I am having is, I am confused about the front panel connections.

USB seems to have a 10 pin connector with one pin blocked or not there (not sure what they call that), and Headphone port has a 3 pin connector with notch and Mic port has a 4 pin connector with 1 pin missing.

I think I found the USB connector on that board but I am not seeing where the audio jacks go.

My other option is this board, http://europe.asrock.com/manual/P4i65G.pdf but I don't like how it claims no RAID and Hot Swap but is basically the same price.

If I have to I can live without the two audio jacks up front since I rarely use them but I would like to hook the system back up the way it was completely.

EDIT: I saw in one thread a person recommend this board http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/content.php?S_ID=24... manual ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/manuals/P4M80-M4/P4M80M4manua...

Though this board I can't really seem to find anywhere and if I do it's a fair amount more even used while the others are refurbished with 90 day warranties, and I don't see this board giving me anything else except maybe the front headphone connector but it still seems to miss the mic jack.

Best solution

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b ) Power supply
March 24, 2011 9:23:19 AM

The standard nine pin case connector should work on both of the asrock boards; the panel header pins are pretty standardized as far as led connections and power switch pin positions. Draw a diagram as you disconnect your old board; if your cpu has fried, you can get them cheap at starmicro.
March 24, 2011 10:40:19 AM

o1die said:
The standard nine pin case connector should work on both of the asrock boards; the panel header pins are pretty standardized as far as led connections and power switch pin positions. Draw a diagram as you disconnect your old board; if your cpu has fried, you can get them cheap at starmicro.

Ok, so does it look like, those two other connectors coming from the panel the two 3 pins will be able to be connected? I can't find them anywhere on the boards.
Related resources
March 24, 2011 11:27:53 PM

Figures the better of the motherboards the one with RAID has vanished off the website, so I gotta maybe look for something else. Uhhh, what fun, it was there when I wrote the OP.
April 4, 2011 10:21:05 AM

Best answer selected by redpenguin2.
!