P7p55d-le - Very long boot time.

BakersVendetta

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, I bought and set up my i5 rig, a year ago to rough date, it has 6gb ddr3.Ever since I set it up, it's has taken about 30 seconds on average to complete the memory check, do it's beep doo dad and continue on with the rest of the boot process. A complete boot and start up of windows takes around 90-120 seconds. A few of my friends have set up similar rigs and their memory check takes on average 4 seconds, total boot and startup is around 30-40 seconds. I'm not too sure what motherboards they have, all I know is that they have similar Asus boards...Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, I can find out more info on their rigs if it will help...

BakersVendetta

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011

Hi, thanks for replying, both 'Quick Boot' and correct boot order were used since I built the system, the majority of the boot time is the initial memory check of about 30 seconds, I would imagine that it would not take that long to check 6gb ddr3 memory, perhaps the Quick Boot feature is not working?

COLGeek

Cybernaut

It sure seems that way. Verify that you have the latest BIOS. I would further suggest disabling quick boot, then boot. Restart, and re-enable quick boot. The memory check is certainly not typical quick boot behavior.

TRENDING THREADS