[Solved] Samsung 128 GB SSD not showing up in BIOs and crashing PC.

askysoblue

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
When I open the computer through BIOS and the new SSD is connected and go to prioritizing drives, it will immediately crash the computer. When I try taking my HDD out of the SATA port and using only the new SSD, the computer crashes on boot. When I first put power to the new SSD after the computer was already booted, it installed some drivers but that was the only trace of recognization Ive seen since I bought it. Im using a Biostar T-series mobo and an Intel i5 Sandy Bridge CPU. Im not great with computers so I dont know what information is needed for this problem so if I need to provide anymore, please let me know. Thanks!

askysoblue

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

Ive been reading a lot about BIOS not recognizing an SSD but I cant find anything about having an SSD as the only SATA input causing the computer to simply crash. Any ideas or do I need to go ahead and RMA it?

askysoblue

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys but I did a CMOS reset which let me use BIOS without my computer crashing, turned on AHCI, installed Windows fresh on my new SSD and wiped my old HDD clean. Now things are running great.