Physx with Ati Card

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Hello,

I'm sure that there has been a fair bit of discussion about this already but I'm looking for any new updates or experiences with this.

Here's my situation. I have a Radeon 5850 as my main video card now but I also have a Geforce 9800 GTX sitting in another machine that isn't being used. I'm wondering about using the Geforce for Physx (with the very limited number of games that support it). I know about the patch that will make the new drivers work with ati/nvidia setup however, my understanding is that this does not work with Vista. I'm running Vista 64-bit Ultimate.

Again my understanding is that Vista does not support two display cards at the same time and that is the reason this doesn't work, only with XP and Win 7. But since the Geforce is going to be used solely for physx, does any know if this will work for Vista?

All my google searches show info from september of last year up january and I would like to know if there is any newer info on this?

Thanks for any feedback.

No, I'm sorry. AFAIK this will only work with XP and Win7.

If you want, you might be able to
Deadman_Pirate_flag.jpg
some Windows 7.

Not that Jack Sparrow would ever support that, of course.

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Ok, good to know. Thanks for the input. Might have to upgrade(purchase legally of course) to windows 7 in the near future. Just don't feel the need as there is nothing wrong with my install of Vista. It's working just fine except for this one issue.