Sign in with
Your question

Remove Raid 1 and Keep Data On Drive

Tags:
  • NAS / RAID
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
August 20, 2012 2:46:58 AM

After trying to add a non-raid 3TB drive to my computer with mirrored Raild-1 twin 1-TB drives, it went into an endless volume repair (20 hours and still going with no changes). When the 3TB drive was removed ditto (XP32 op system). Finally, I've disconnected one of the Raid pairs. After a few false starts it is working nearly normally (some funny affects from adding a new video card). I'd be willing to continue Raid if it worked as before, particularly if I could easily add in the extra backup drive. I do have a new 1TB drive that I was saving for the time that one of the pair was going to fail. Otherwise, is there an easy way of just disabling Raid in the bios, so it won't think that it is a degrade. Then I could add in 2 unraided volumes.

More about : remove raid data drive

August 20, 2012 3:19:08 AM

if you want to delete RAID you have to set bios to RAID mode then enter RAID bios i dont know what is your motherboard but i press (ctrl)+F on my gigabyte mobo to enter RAID bios(and if dont how to enter RAID bios just tell me what is your mother board brand and ill tell you what is the right key)after you enter RAID bios you can find option to delete RAID or (delete LD menu) option as my mobo
m
l
!