Re: upgrading already =(

G

Hey guys!

its my day off tomorrow, and i feel like adding an extra video card and more ram!

This is my specs (nothing OC): or should i change some parts around? any advise would be great! i'm just playing SCbeta and will be playing D3 when it comes out LOL. I know its over kill but i want this to last me many years to come!

System As follows:

Monitor 1: Acer G24 (DVI)
Monitor 2: Acer S243HL (HMDI)

Mobo: Asus P6X58D-E

CPU: i7930 LGA 1366

Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB 1600mhz

GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5850

PSU: Corsair TX 750TX

Case: Antec 900 (comes with two 120mm intake fans -med setting and rear 120mm exhaust and 200mm Exhaust fan on high setting)

HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Keyboard: Logitech G110

Case fan (intake): Thermal Take Smart X 2 (set on med. setting)

CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper N520 (stk TP)

ODD: Phillpes x 22 (from previous computer

Solution
OC the 5850 to 850/1050 Mhz Core/Memory. If you're not satisfied, crossfire one with an HD5850, and OC both of them. You'll have a very high-performing system.
Yeah, save your money, your system is great as it is. If you have some time off learn to overclock what you do have. It's really not very hard and there is no reason not to. Both your card and processor can OC a ton.
If you really feel the need to upgrade something consider getting a solid state hard drive for installing windows/applications to decrease boot/load times.

notty22

Distinguished
Its not going to do anything much for fps, but memory wouldn't either.
SSD's are getting cheaper. Move you OS to a 40-60gb and install proggies/games to your black. You won't be disappointed.
You will get very noticeable results.

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
You definitely don't need crossfired 5850's to play SCII or DIII. Blizzard games aren't really all about cutting edge graphics, they're designed for the masses. You can play those games pretty much maxed with a single 5850 with high framerates.

Are you playing anything else that is a little more intense on performance?

Well he says, "I want this to last me many years to come."

for SC2 you're fine;

2560.png

G

thanks for all your helps guys. i really really appreciate it! i have decided on what i'm going to do!

1) i have ordered another 5850 (will crossfire this weekend)

reason: i am prolly not going to update video card anytime soon for may years to come, and i want the exact same card. scared later on that it might be harder to find

2) next step is SSD for OS

3) Ram to 12 gigs later on (if needed)

thanks for all your help!