Sign in with
Your question

HDD issue

Last response: in Storage
August 20, 2012 6:18:59 AM

Hey everyone,

This might sound super dumb. I was wondering what would be the correct way to put a bunch of emulators and ROMS on a HDD to transfer into my NES PC. It's going to be running Windows 7 and have 500 GB of memory. The idea is to have everything already uploaded onto a seperate HDD, programs to run emulators and windows and that's it. I'm thinking that I have to place the HDD I'm putting all the emulators and ROMS on into a separate PC. In this PC i upload everything and then just take the HDD out and plug it into the NES PC. Is this right? This seems a little too easy... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks!

Matt

More about : hdd issue

a b $ Windows 7
a b } Memory
a b G Storage
August 20, 2012 6:46:30 AM

You could do that but the normal solution would be to network the two computers.
m
l
August 20, 2012 6:56:25 AM

Do you mean I would have the blank HDD in the NES PC and hook the two computers up with an Ethernet cable and just transfer all the files to the NES PC?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
August 20, 2012 1:03:37 PM

You could network the 2 computers or you could use an external hard drive, flash drive or burn it to a disk. I would only transfer the hard drive if you didn't really have any other option available.
m
l
August 20, 2012 2:06:03 PM

Thanks for the responses. What do you think would be the easiest and quickest way to transfer all this information? I'm working with 4 emulators and nearly 1500 ROMS.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a b G Storage
August 21, 2012 2:04:39 AM

A flash drive or an external hard drive is the easiest and quickest.
m
l
!