HDD issue

Hey everyone,

This might sound super dumb. I was wondering what would be the correct way to put a bunch of emulators and ROMS on a HDD to transfer into my NES PC. It's going to be running Windows 7 and have 500 GB of memory. The idea is to have everything already uploaded onto a seperate HDD, programs to run emulators and windows and that's it. I'm thinking that I have to place the HDD I'm putting all the emulators and ROMS on into a separate PC. In this PC i upload everything and then just take the HDD out and plug it into the NES PC. Is this right? This seems a little too easy... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks!

Matt
5 answers Last reply
More about issue
  1. You could do that but the normal solution would be to network the two computers.
  2. Do you mean I would have the blank HDD in the NES PC and hook the two computers up with an Ethernet cable and just transfer all the files to the NES PC?
  3. You could network the 2 computers or you could use an external hard drive, flash drive or burn it to a disk. I would only transfer the hard drive if you didn't really have any other option available.
  4. Thanks for the responses. What do you think would be the easiest and quickest way to transfer all this information? I'm working with 4 emulators and nearly 1500 ROMS.
  5. A flash drive or an external hard drive is the easiest and quickest.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Windows 7 Memory Storage