dual boot-can install 98se after xp already install?

I have 1 hd with 3partitons c,d,e all formatted to FAT32. C- already have xp
installed while D,E still empty. Just wondering if I can install 98se into D
and have a dual boot with 98se as defdault OS.
2 answers Last reply
More about dual boot install 98se install

    The usual procedure is to install the older operating system first. In your
    case that means SE then XP. Some web sites do have instructions on doing it
    ass-backwards. Do a Google search on Dual Boot.

    Wonder Di wrote:
    > I have 1 hd with 3partitons c,d,e all formatted to FAT32. C- already have xp
    > installed while D,E still empty. Just wondering if I can install 98se into D
    > and have a dual boot with 98se as defdault OS.

    It's doable, if your C: drive is formatted using the FAT32 file system.

    MS-MVP Doug Knox has kindly provided clear instructions:

    Install Windows 98 after XP is Installed.
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you: