Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

dual boot-can install 98se after xp already install?

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Dual Boot
  • Windows XP
March 3, 2005 9:09:10 AM

I have 1 hd with 3partitons c,d,e all formatted to FAT32. C- already have xp
installed while D,E still empty. Just wondering if I can install 98se into D
and have a dual boot with 98se as defdault OS.

More about : dual boot install 98se install

March 3, 2005 10:31:16 PM

The usual procedure is to install the older operating system first. In your
case that means SE then XP. Some web sites do have instructions on doing it
ass-backwards. Do a Google search on Dual Boot.

"Wonder Di" <Wonder Di@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 1 hd with 3partitons c,d,e all formatted to FAT32. C- already have
>xp
> installed while D,E still empty. Just wondering if I can install 98se into
> and have a dual boot with 98se as defdault OS.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 9:42:50 AM

Wonder Di wrote:
> I have 1 hd with 3partitons c,d,e all formatted to FAT32. C- already have xp
> installed while D,E still empty. Just wondering if I can install 98se into D
> and have a dual boot with 98se as defdault OS.

It's doable, if your C: drive is formatted using the FAT32 file system.

MS-MVP Doug Knox has kindly provided clear instructions:

Install Windows 98 after XP is Installed.
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: