Sign in with
Your question

Build my own, where to start?

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
June 24, 2010 9:49:04 PM

I dont know if this is the right forum category or w.e being that I'm new to this ***.
I been thinking about building my own computer for games and what not, but i have no idea where to even start.
if anyone could offer suggestions that would be great

More about : build start

June 24, 2010 9:53:31 PM

Start by presenting a budget quote..?? Also, list of games you prefer to play will help..
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
June 24, 2010 10:07:54 PM

i dont really play like cod, fps, etc. on the pc.
normally sandbox style games, like tropico for example and the sims3 haha.
but i want the pc to have nice graphics and fast processor

price range around 800-900
m
l
June 25, 2010 1:43:39 AM

Quote:
i dont really play like cod, fps, etc. on the pc.
normally sandbox style games, like tropico for example and the sims3 haha.
but i want the pc to have nice graphics and fast processor

price range around 800-900

I would get an AMD CPU, an x4 955 if you want AMD and at least a 5500 series video card if you are going ATi, tell us more about what you are looking for, Intel or AMD? ATi or NVIDIA?
m
l
June 25, 2010 8:45:23 AM

800-900 including monitor or not?
m
l
June 25, 2010 9:47:26 AM

800-900 what?
m
l
June 25, 2010 3:20:35 PM

There are a lot of resources online with tutorials and even video on the subject of building a computer. It isn't hard, but does require some manual dexterity, passing ability with hand tools, attention to detail, and patience. Then it is very rewarding, maybe even addictive; I know I get itchy if I don't get to build a machine every now and then :-).
The stickies randomizer mentioned will assist with parts selection, troubleshooting common problems, and other questions typical of new builds. One of them contains a template for asking for new build advice. The more research you've done, likely the more respect you will get as far as the tone of answers, and the more information you can provide, the more relevant those answers are likely to be.
m
l
!