Sony Ericsson Z500a - dust under the outer display?

Hello,

I've had my Z500a for about a month now, and have noticed that over time
dust has been accumulating between the outer protective plastic and the
display, cluttering my display a bit. Has anybody else had this problem? I
am not sure how it's getting in. Has anybody perhaps found a way to get it
out? :) It looks like the face may come off - but I am not so sure!

Thanks,
Josh

"J.J." <jj@nospam.comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I've had my Z500a for about a month now, and have noticed that over time
> dust has been accumulating between the outer protective plastic and the
> display, cluttering my display a bit. Has anybody else had this problem?
> I am not sure how it's getting in. Has anybody perhaps found a way to get
> it out? :) It looks like the face may come off - but I am not so sure!
>
> Thanks,
> Josh

Yes the face plate comes off. Press down (hard) by the camera lens with
both thumbs and move your fingers down toward the bottom of the phone, it
might take significant pressure the first time. Use air or a some kind of
cloth to clean the window/screen.

yea it happens...most all phones will have this problem to some
degree...more so with the ones with changeable face plates. compressed
air works great...but make sure you dont accidentally spray the liquid
if the can is tilted!

I have one of the Sony Ericsson wipes...which is basically those real
soft microfiber glasses cleaning cloths. I keep one on me at work to
clean smudges off of all the phones. Works like a charm...and will
NEVER scratch any of the screens like cotton shirts will.

--
scott14661

> Yes the face plate comes off. Press down (hard) by the camera lens
> with both thumbs and move your fingers down toward the bottom of the
> phone, it might take significant pressure the first time. Use air or
> a some kind of cloth to clean the window/screen.

Thanks for the tip, It was driving me crazy!!!

Eksak