Solved

Power Off issue

Hi there. Trying to figure out a new motherboard ASUS M4A78LT-M with a 3-core Athlon CPU. I had never had this problem before. When I press the power off button on the front, it automatically restarts the PC after a few seconds. The only way to keep it 'off' is to turn off the powersupply switch in the back. I have tried every setting in Windows, in BIOS. Nothing helps. What I am left with is the connector on the board itself. There is a 2 pin connector called 'PWRSW' described as ATX power button/soft-off button in the manual. Should it be connected at all? If not, how will the front switch act when I press it?
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power issue
  1. Best answer
    If you have connected the power switch to the reset switch connection this would be normal. The pwr switch connectors are pins 4 and 5 in from the right at the bottom. and it should be connected to the power button!
  2. Thank you, rolli59, for your reply. Yes, you were right. I opened the box and saw that I had switched two plugs. (They are so tiny...) Now it's working fine.
  3. Great enjoy!
  4. Best answer selected by gallicbear.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Power Motherboards